My Career so far in Eclipse

RPG Maker, Eclipse, Xtreme Worlds, ect..
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: My Career so far in Eclipse

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

ah. i knew you were using reiners's but i thought you released some you made.

1. Eclipse uses a large bmp tileset. It breaks it down to 32x32 when you place it so you build the pic 32x32 at a time. Eclipse does have a selector that you can select multiple tiles.

2. Shouldnt be. They have ground tiles that the character is on top then they have flange tiles that are in front of the character. You place the bottom half of the castle using ground, and the top half using flange.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Thanks! That's what I figured for #2. I remembered partially how the tiling system worked in Eclipse after posting that :)
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Ambard

Post by Ambard »

Setting up the tile sets and graphics did not require scripting or source code edits.
rpglords

Post by rpglords »

For disabling the bubble chat, look in both the client and server folders for a .ini file. In there the will be some line like bubble=1 or something similar change the 1 to a 0 and the bubble chat is disabled. As for the emotes you can also disable them by finding a emotes.ini file some where in all the folders and change any commands from what you dont want to something noone will ever type. Ex: chane :) to gkhlaknglknghs. There might even be a way to disable it in the same file as the bubble chat. I hope this helped a little, I haven't used eclipse in a while, but XtremeWorlds is set up similar and I have been using that.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

RPGlord, these threads are from over a year ago. Please do not necro post.
The indelible lord of tl;dr

Return to “2D engines”