Lord Of the Rings Online

Keep it clean but fun.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Lord Of the Rings Online

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Just picked it up at wal-mart for $4! Comes with free 30 days so I thought I would give it a whirl.

It also came with a 10 day buddy key. If someone wants it let me know.
Callan S.

Re: Lord Of the Rings Online

Post by Callan S. »

It's actually going free to play soon, so it'll soon be easy for other people to try it out - & don't worry, the paid time makes you a VIP member during that time, which gives extra benefits. I used to play but uninstalled and reinstalling and updating would probably be a nightmare.
Fight Cycle : My latest Browser game WIP
Driftwurld : My Browser Game WIP
Philosopher Gamer : My Blog
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Anyone who likes LotRO and sees themselves playing it for a long period of time should buy a lifetime membership now. Subscriptions will give you a ton of perks once it goes F2P, and will also grant you access to the locked-up higher-level content (it is not all going to be free) for life. But I don't think Turbine has announced whether or not the lifetime membership is going to be staying around once they go F2P, since the deal was calibrated for a subscription model, and F2P may not fit with that. People cancel subscriptions usually after only a few months, so lifetime memberships make good sense to get as much as you can from someone in one lump sum. However, F2P players tend to come and go for sometimes years on end, having periods of high purchases and playing and then periods of low activity. That may make the lifetime membership unappealing to Turbine during the F2P era of LotRO since lifetime members may be getting enough credits each month to satisfy all their needs.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Callan S.

Post by Callan S. »

I'd imagine they are roughly the same? On the subscription model, a lifetime member isn't paying (any further) and on free to play he isn't either. In either case they aren't looking to make any more money out of a lifer (I presume they actually bank the money in term deposits and use the interest from it - or atleast that makes some sense to me as a way of paying for things in the future). But granted, you never know and with a push of a button they could do alot of things.
Fight Cycle : My latest Browser game WIP
Driftwurld : My Browser Game WIP
Philosopher Gamer : My Blog
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

i didn't get a chance to play last night with all the updates but is it fun?

Return to “Off-Topic”