Extra fixes

All code and questions for Urban Realms, Forsaken Sanctum, ect...
Baseball435

Extra fixes

Post by Baseball435 »

BEFORE I START MAKE YOUR DATABASE CALLED forsaken1 TO SAVE LOTS OF TIME! IF YOU ALREADY HAVE IT SETUP WITH A DIFFERENT NAME MAKE ANOTHER DATABASE WITH THE NAME!

Fix 1:

Hey guys, well i think some new people might need help with this. If you register and our able to log in then you will get a error on line 290 and 296, on that line this is what they say

290: if ($mapinfo3[mining]

296: if ($mapinfo3[lumber]

now it's pretty easy to pick out if you know php, in the brackets there should be a ' after the words so this is what they should look like...

290 edit: if ($mapinfo3['mining']

296 edit: if ($mapinfo3['lumber']

so do that, save it, and refresh page and it should work perfectly :D

Map edit 2:

The next edit is so that you can move around. Now what you have to do is open up map.php, i have it opened in notepad for now, and press ctrl and h at the same time, put in tutorial for the top and for replace with: put the name of your database, then click replace all and save.

This is what allows you to move so this is important. So there you go, when i find more errors ill put them here!

fix 3:

I just realized guys that almost every single php file in the main folder you need to do what i did in the second fix otherwise you will have a lot of errors. You wont have to do it in any of the folders except for the location folder. There you need to replace everything too. This will stop a lot of errors

fix 4:

A problem for adding a greeting on the a store is messed up too. To edit this go to the store folder, then to changeAFgreeting.php.

when you are there go to line 36 or press ctrl and g at the same time. Then it will say:

<?php $expneeded = ($playerinfo3['level'] * 100) * $playerinfo3['leve'l];

where it says $playerinfo3['leve'l]; move the ' behind the L and it should fix it

you have to do the same exact thing to changeAFgreeting2.php and it will let you submit your greeting

fix 5:

another error, go to housing.php and go to line 271 and it should say

if ($housing3[armorforge]== 1)

change that to if ($housing3['armorforge']== 1) and it should fix it
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: Extra fixes

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

nice fix list, i will update the source, I do not understand map fix 2 and 3 though.

you can name your DB whatever you only need to replace it in connect.php
Baseball435

Post by Baseball435 »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:nice fix list, i will update the source, I do not understand map fix 2 and 3 though.

you can name your DB whatever you only need to replace it in connect.php
yes I know but i was looking in other files and each one said that it would look For db "forsaken1" and there was about 10 of those files so just to save time they could do that
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

there are only 3 and technically it should be only one. just have them point to the main connect. ../connect.php
Baseball435

Post by Baseball435 »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:there are only 3 and technically it should be only one. just have them point to the main connect. ../connect.php
oh ok well I'm just trying to do the best I can to help they can do what they want though I guess
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

I do appreciate the help.

they can use forsaken1, i am just making sure they know they do not need to and it is a simple change, especially since people will be building their own games with this they do not want their DB named forsaken1 :)
Messi

Post by Messi »

I need help ive downloaded the new codes and everything works fine until i try and register it just says : could not register
Baseball435

Post by Baseball435 »

Yeah I get an error saying cannot get skills Which sounds like an or die statement so I just reloaded the page and then you can log in. And halls for the map edit the first one doesn't show the mining resource on the side panel and sane with the lumber so you have to add that. And then for map fix 2 when someone would click on a square on the game it wouldn't load because it is looking for a database called "tutorial" which is your database folder so you have to switch that to your database name to be able to move on the map
Messi

Post by Messi »

The skills error was fixed by halls anyway so thats fixed i just cant register it comes up with : could not register
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

i just tested it and it registers fine with me. I will go back through the code and check it again. Is anyone else not able to register? Did you change anything?

The way to fix it is remove some of the insert until you find the one that is causing the problem.

Make what change to find lumber and mining on side panel? I have no idea what you are talking about.

Return to “Hall's Games”