Fixes

All code and questions for Urban Realms, Forsaken Sanctum, ect...
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Fixes

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

fixed
Messi

Re: Fixes

Post by Messi »

:? I get this error (wheni register after ive added the new code) :

Notice: Use of undefined constant skill1 - assumed 'skill1' in C:\wamp\www\MyGame\reguser.php on line 54

Notice: Use of undefined constant skill2 - assumed 'skill2' in C:\wamp\www\MyGame\reguser.php on line 55

Notice: Use of undefined constant skill3 - assumed 'skill3' in C:\wamp\www\MyGame\reguser.php on line 56

Notice: Use of undefined constant stat1 - assumed 'stat1' in C:\wamp\www\MyGame\reguser.php on line 57

Notice: Use of undefined constant stat2 - assumed 'stat2' in C:\wamp\www\MyGame\reguser.php on line 58
could not register

And i still can't fix the
Undefined variable: QUERY_STRING in C:\wamp\www\MyGame\connect.php on line 2
code in connect.php
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

omg nevermind, it is not what I though it was.

it is like I said on the videos, you have to add single quotes around query variables. like $primskill = $proquery3['skill1'];

i am just going to update all the code, I can already seeing this being a headache

the fixed code is above, gimme about as hour to update all the other code and I will re-upload
Baseball435

Post by Baseball435 »

yeah i got errors on line 2 and 4 of connect.php :/

EDIT: Oh and where is the forsaken sanctum 1.0 set up. like what website are you hosting it on
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

http://forsakensanctum.com/tutorial/login.php

you have to setup connect.php to your own server. I do not know your server connections and every ones is different so yes you will get errors.

all of the above has been fixed.
rapid3642

Problem with register

Post by rapid3642 »

Hey Guys,

im having a problem with some things. i just downloaded the source and i made my own database name and redid the db names in all of the connect.php's, i also configured everything i needed to do with my host which was lucky nothing lol. i also imported the sql db successfully and made sure my host supported cron jobs, now with my understanding you MUST have a host that supports cron jobs, (maybe that helps so newbies like me), so now that you guys know where im at i will explain the problems.

First - When i first type in my address the site displays sorry you must log in to continue, so i click the link to go back to the home page. this is not a big problem but would like to get it solved so it will be easier for other people to play the game. (i dont know why it does this)

Second - when i click the register button it takes me to the right place but it will not display anything in the profession drop down menu for classes. not only that it wont display the classes table at the bottom not even the text. i personally think its not getting the information from the db so it might not be connecting right. im not really sure why it does this.

Note - No errors show, it just shows up with an empty menu and not table or text displayed for the table for the classes.

sorry i dont know the url to my pic so i put it up for you guys can see what it looks like. sorry about that.

Any help is appreciated thanks for taking the time to look.

the url is also posted here. i will list my url in a more noticeable place as soon as i can make this game unique and up and running 100%
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

your links are adding to the current link. How do you have your links? looks like you have a / in front of them.

does your class table have anything in it?
rapid3642

Post by rapid3642 »

yea i left all tables stock.
and i doubled check and yes i do have things in the table.

what do you mean with the links?
sorry i'm not quite sure what your referring to.

i double checked some scripts and the main one that i'm kinda concerned about is my "connect.php" i left it at "local host" but it seems like it works if i'm able to see the website.

!!!Thanks For The Reply!!!
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

lets say you have the register.php link on the login.php page

if you click it, it goes to

login.php/register.php

instead of going to /register.php

do you have the right DB selected in connect.php?
rapid3642

Post by rapid3642 »

WHAT?!? OMG I cant believe i didnt have the correct DB selected. wow i thought i double and even triple checked it.
thanks it works now and yes i did have the links set up properly.

thanks for the fix halls.

Return to “Hall's Games”