been away

Indie-Resource announcements, news and any site discussion.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: been away

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

awesome glad to hear everything is good on your end too.

I was actually about to post again here....

I have the new tutorials coming soon. There has been a big delay though on the Gold package. I am not in this to make money so I am updating the free tutorials first then will get Gold out. The good thing is I am adding more to gold though :)

I am swamped with my own stuff also. I am trying to get Quests of Crocania to a alpha state. I am making it strictly text based. I am using a a text based map system that is very simple. Its going to be a a full featured game but I see no point in trying to make a 2d map system or filling it with graphics. The lack of good text based games out there drives me to finish this one. I hope to have a alpha up very soon.

I also am working on the website. Yes this time for real ;) Got some good links and updates coming.

With all this said No I cannot help you with your game. I am sorry but I have been receiving many many PMs and emails asking me to help people create their game. As much as I would love to help everyone I simply cannot. This is the reason for the Tutorials. There is plenty there to get started and plenty more to come. I am really not that great of a programmer anyways. You can pass me up quickly by spending the time to learn.
Ravinos

Post by Ravinos »

I just read up on the IR Gold stuff, looks pretty good :) Once I get more free time I'll be subbing.

Take it from me for everyone following the free tutorials, as long as you follow, listen, and are willing to learn they are a great source and building block. When I joined this community I didn't know anything about php, mysql, javascript let alone how to get them all to play nice with each other. Now I am well off on my own plugging away in my free time on my game. That was 5 months ago and I just came back after a three month hiatus due to RL issues.

Depending on what you are looking for help in all you have to do is post in the community everyone here is wonderful. That is what this place is for. I'm moving into the point where I need people with artistic skills to start making me graphics because I can't draw to save my life lol. (Post coming soon)
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

thanks for the post and I agree, this is a great community for getting started and furthering your web based game career :)

Return to “Announcements and Site Discussion”