Genre's

Talk about game designs and what goes behind designing games.
devil777777

Re: Genre's

Post by devil777777 »

Jackolantern wrote:
ZeroComp wrote:I doubt an text game could make a million dollors without haveing uber awesomesauce gameplay :lol:
You would be surprised. This game has made the creator over a million dollars, and it is nothing special at all. Neither is that famous mafia game on Facebook that makes so much money.
I play that torncity game =D I find it quite addictive. I know of another million dollar game called Hobowars... it is by far the worst game IMO, but somehow hes made tons of cash from it, the guy is lazy he actually copied his original game 2 or 3 times just with different names i can recall three... hobowars, hobowars2, hoboarena (or something like that). I don't believe that he updates his games with changes either, just logged on and noticed that the only difference from the past 2 years that i didn't play was he added in poker.

There really isn't anything special about that Torncity game besides how addictive it is, I just like that the creator only works on one game, he updates it regularally and logs on daily. Plus he puts a majority of the donations back into the game making it better.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

devil777777 wrote:There really isn't anything special about that Torncity game besides how addictive it is, I just like that the creator only works on one game, he updates it regularally and logs on daily. Plus he puts a majority of the donations back into the game making it better.
Well, I don't know about that, per se. I read an article where he said he makes over $50,000 a month off the game and I don't think he puts $30,000 a month in to it :P
Last edited by Jackolantern on Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
devil777777

Post by devil777777 »

hmm, yeah it does sound hard spending that much mabye he spends a portion of it monthly ;), but he did say on his forums about 3 days ago that hes only a millionaire in bussiness terms

mabye close to a thousand a month on it, paying for the web servers and occasionally buying new equipment for a few thousand every year or so
Zerk

Post by Zerk »

That's my "dream," to make a successful browser game lol. I'm far from it, but it's fun to think about.
Coding - Unity3d JS, PHP, and small amount of C#.
Art stuff - GIMP, Blender
ZeroComp

Post by ZeroComp »

Zerk wrote:That's my "dream," to make a successful browser game lol. I'm far from it, but it's fun to think about.
I know what you mean :)
Coding-PHP, Javascript, C++, HTML, mySQL
Modeling/Art-Blender, GIMP
Games-Unity, Game Maker 8
Zerk

Post by Zerk »

ZeroComp wrote:
Zerk wrote:That's my "dream," to make a successful browser game lol. I'm far from it, but it's fun to think about.
I know what you mean :)
Yup. But you're much farther than I am and I'm a year older than you D: lol
ZeroComp

Post by ZeroComp »

haha I doubt your farther than me :P
Zerk

Post by Zerk »

ZeroComp wrote:haha I doubt your farther than me :P
? I just said that, lol
ZeroComp

Post by ZeroComp »

wtf :lol: I ment to say I doubt I'M farther than you:lol:
Zerk

Post by Zerk »

ZeroComp wrote:wtf :lol: I ment to say I doubt I'M farther than you:lol:
lol

You're probably farther than me, judging by your project list ;)

Return to “Game Design”