Indie-Resource Gold

Indie-Resource announcements, news and any site discussion.

How do you feel abot this?

Total votes: 0

Torniquet

Re: Indie-Resource Gold

Post by Torniquet »

i chose option number 4.

only tuts i have use for are the ajax ones... but as a rule i dont pay for tutorials (Y) although the only prob with that is not being able to question the maker lol but i can live with tht.

i have no issue with donating money towards the maintenance of the server etc (well would if i accually had money). but i am not paying for something i wouldnt use.
xx
New Site Coming Soon! Stay tuned :D
Perry

Post by Perry »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:Its a option I am considering. Instead of paying $10 for the mass collection, you could pay $3 a month and get access to the all the videos but I would also update the games, provide assistance with problems and add features the community wanted.

It would not be for Indie-Resource :) Indie-Resource is always free with no ads :)
What about a special tag or something for users who join? A lot of sites do that.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

I hate the idea of a donations button or charging. I can pay for the server and hosting no problem. This is more for contests and extras.

The only reason I am considering charging for the tuts and the games is because of the massive hard work I put in them. $10 for 5 games with tutorials on how they work is well worth it but I also understand anyone not needing something like this. I would not buy something I don't need either. I will continue my free tutorials and making tutorials to help the community. If you do not buy it I would not think you weren't willing to help I-R.
towcar

Post by towcar »

I said novel idea, but wouldn't pay mainly because its not my area of interest, though I feel the idea is right and cool
jpoisson

Post by jpoisson »

Always willing to lend my hand of support in areas that I can when the means are advialble.
Laguages:
PHP, MYSQL, (X)HTML, HTML5, JQuery, CSS 3.0,
C, C#, C++, Python, Pascal, Perl, Ruby, Turing

Software:
Adobe MC CS4, Visual Studio 2008, Notepad++,
NetBeans IDE, WAMPSERVER

Browsers:
Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Chrome
(Always have latest patches for browsers.)

Free time:
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

I think it may draw in a lot of attention from outside the community as well (the gold tutorials that is). You have seen how many people come here from Googling PHP MMORPGs. With completed games, source code and art assets to work with, I think you may see a fair bit of interest.

The only thing is that these people are not going to look at it like they are helping out the community. They are going to look at it like they are buying tutorials and source code, therefore they will be much less patient with any issues they may have, and will expect support. No matter how great the tutorials and game source is, you can always expect a small portion of people to be very vocal that it didn't live up to their unrealistic expectations ("I paid $10 for this?!").

However, even with that portion of people who will inevitably show up, I think it is a good idea :)
The indelible lord of tl;dr
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Thanks Jacko, I agree and I will be here for support as I have been for my current tutorials. Hopefully anyone in doubt will see that.

Welcome back by the way ;)
Last Known Hero

Post by Last Known Hero »

Halls, I assume by the poll that this may be a go. If it is, and when its hooked up let me know. My paypal is itching to send people money :P
Power3DArt

-Current Project: Fault [Pre-Alpha]
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:Thanks Jacko, I agree and I will be here for support as I have been for my current tutorials. Hopefully anyone in doubt will see that.

Welcome back by the way ;)
Thanks! I am also interested in this when it is ready!
The indelible lord of tl;dr
ZeroComp

Post by ZeroComp »

One question how do you get money onto your paypal?
Coding-PHP, Javascript, C++, HTML, mySQL
Modeling/Art-Blender, GIMP
Games-Unity, Game Maker 8

Return to “Announcements and Site Discussion”