I Need some Help!!!

Location of the Videos
jskinman

Re: I Need some Help!!!

Post by jskinman »

here is what it says on the page this is copy and pasted:
Not Found

The requested URL /tutorialfolder/test.php was not found on this server.

here is the web address:
http://localhost/tutorialfolder/test.php
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Make sure that the page is named exactly as you are typing it in, and that the folders correspond exactly to what your URL is. For the address you gave, it will be:

In your "wamp" folder, there is another folder called "www".
In the "www" folder, there needs to be another folder called "tutorialfolder" (written exactly like that).
In the "tutorialfolder", your "test.php" file needs to be there.

If either the "tutorialfolder" or "test.php" are not named exactly like this, that would cause a 404 error. Since phpMyAdmin is pulling up, I would think it has to be some problem either in how you are saying your file, or your folder setup.

EDIT: That is not a web address. That is a local address viewable only from your computer.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
jskinman

Post by jskinman »

thanks my folder was named wrong my (D) doesnt work some of the time...
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Glad you got it worked out! I was thinking that was the issue, because your phpMyAdmin was working, which meant that WAMP was serving the files. If you get a 404 with phpMyAdmin running, it is usually a file/folder naming issue.
jskinman

Post by jskinman »

can anyone post all the code in the videos i am trying to finish my game but i dont have all the code for it... so if someone could please post it all i would be very happy. :ugeek:
august

Post by august »

jskinman wrote:can anyone post all the code in the videos i am trying to finish my game but i dont have all the code for it... so if someone could please post it all i would be very happy. :ugeek:
Go here

http://indie-resource.com/forums/viewto ... =33&t=1543

download the video tutorial part 1 ... all the scripts, plus videos 1-7 are in there, quickest why I've found of getting the scripts!

Ravinos

cheers for the script, got the bank working in no time, going to get a store going tomorrow now!

Code: Select all

<?php

echo "PHP kicks your ASP";

?>
jskinman

Post by jskinman »

my computer wont run the files. :oops: could someone copy and paste the code maybe...
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Your computer won't run PHP files? Sorry, but what file type is it? I have not actually downloaded them myself.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

do you mean the rar files? just download winrar. Its free and rocks the heck out of winzip.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:do you mean the rar files? just download winrar. Its free and rocks the heck out of winzip.
Well, it is mostly free. It will eventually run past "its trial" and will start to show a message box asking you to pay for it, which can just be closed and the program continues to function just fine. (I really wonder how many people actually pay for it lol)

Return to “Older Browser MMO Videos”