Custom GUI

General Discussion on the Unity Engine.
SpiritWebb

Custom GUI

Post by SpiritWebb »

So I have learned how to set up the custom GUI. Though I haven't tested it yet, but its what I was told, so I thought I would share it with the community on whoever decides to use Unity. Anyway, here it is:

It's a bit weird in Unity, the images don't exist as files, they're just the default settings in the inspector window if you create a new GUISkin. All you need to do is drag your own images onto them to replace them. I've attached a screenshot and circled them in red. Should be pretty easy to figure out.

Sakar

Re: Custom GUI

Post by Sakar »

Nice! Been wondering how to do this for one of my mini games.

Thanks for sharing!
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

Sakar wrote:Nice! Been wondering how to do this for one of my mini games.

Thanks for sharing!
I haven't tested it, I will be testing it tonight...so if you try it first, let me know how it works for you!! :)

towcar

Post by towcar »

The custom GUI is very cool, though I wish there was an easier way to make menus pop up on command.
I'm wondering if maybe I should create another scene with the certain menus and then they load into the scene with keyinput. Somehow my multiplayer runs alot of its features that way. Thats what I've been figuring out right now :)
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

I got it too work, and it works beautifully...I shall include a screen shot from my game. (Using Lerpz prefab that comes with the 3rd person tut)

I put together the custom HUD images...and setting up for 3rd person play when on planets!! :)

towcar

Post by towcar »

Thats Awesome, Its such a used feature that it recieved its own section on the Unity forums.
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

towcar wrote:Thats Awesome, Its such a used feature that it recieved its own section on the Unity forums.
Really? I will have to go check it out sometime today! :) And thanks btw!

Return to “General Unity”