Fault - Animation

Models, Sprites, Concept, ect...
Last Known Hero

Re: Fault - Animation

Post by Last Known Hero »

yeah, I'm hoping i can straggle my way through this, and since I dont have to have the same processor or anything I already had a spare computer laying around that I am going to test it with.

**EDIT** I've determined that ths size of one motherboard is actually the same siz and JUST under half the width of a case. With a little bit of imagination and some scrap metal I can actually rig something that holds two mother boards, two harddrives, two power supplies and two fans to blow the heat out for half the size of a regular tower case.. I will let you know how badly I fail at it when I try it (after i get a few midtower cases, they are so expensive and almost found a bunch for $5 each.. was too late though..)
Power3DArt

-Current Project: Fault [Pre-Alpha]
D3luxe

Post by D3luxe »

Last Known Hero wrote:yeah, I'm hoping i can straggle my way through this, and since I dont have to have the same processor or anything I already had a spare computer laying around that I am going to test it with.

**EDIT** I've determined that ths size of one motherboard is actually the same siz and JUST under half the width of a case. With a little bit of imagination and some scrap metal I can actually rig something that holds two mother boards, two harddrives, two power supplies and two fans to blow the heat out for half the size of a regular tower case.. I will let you know how badly I fail at it when I try it (after i get a few midtower cases, they are so expensive and almost found a bunch for $5 each.. was too late though..)
You're gonna need some major cooling in that to keep it cool enough. Size-wise it is possible, but overheating will be your major obstacle.
Adobe Photoshop CS4/Illustrator CS4
Adobe Flash CS4
3DS Max & Maya
PC Spec:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 (2.8ghz)
8gb 800Mhz DDR2 RAM
1gb nVidia GTX275
2TB SATA HD
Windows 7 RTM
Last Known Hero

Yeah I already had that covered, so far. I think I will make it so the fan in the back will blow the hot air out and the fan in the front will suck cold air in, while the heatsink is doing it's job.. I've never had a problem with overheating with my computer, the back fan was broken for 3 months and i didnt notice until i switched cases. Thanks for the concern though :D
Power3DArt

D3luxe

Post by D3luxe »

Last Known Hero wrote:Yeah I already had that covered, so far. I think I will make it so the fan in the back will blow the hot air out and the fan in the front will suck cold air in, while the heatsink is doing it's job.. I've never had a problem with overheating with my computer, the back fan was broken for 3 months and i didnt notice until i switched cases. Thanks for the concern though :D
Yeah, but you've never ran 2 computers in 1 case before, either. :P

Good luck..I'm interested to see how this'll turn out.
Adobe Flash CS4
3DS Max & Maya
PC Spec:
8gb 800Mhz DDR2 RAM
1gb nVidia GTX275
2TB SATA HD
Windows 7 RTM
Last Known Hero

Hopefully I will have it built before Christmas (pending on shipping).
And too true about the two computers thing, if it doesnt work out then no biggie :P

**EDIT** Nevermind, I answered my own squestion when I typed this, i need network cards for each computer on it. gonna take up more space then I was hoping on..
Power3DArt

Last Known Hero

Went to go buy 4 computer cases (empty ones) today for $20 from a random guy on Kijiji. Turns out when I get there he gave me 5 computer cases and 2 of them have parts already in them (everything except a hard drive) and two of the cases have Windows XP Professional key codes on them, he says "Well, marry christmas, I wasn't aware of what all is in these things, they are old for me."... so I walked away with 3 cases and two computers for $20. The 3 cases will be used for testing how to set up my compact version, then when I get it right I'll just transfer the components over.

Right now I am waiting to hear back from the same guy for Hard Drives and waiting for shipping on my network switch and ethernet cables. Once I get everything I can finally set all of it up and have fun again :D
Power3DArt

ZeroComp

Post by ZeroComp »

very nice models the texturing is amazing.
Coding-PHP, Javascript, C++, HTML, mySQL
Modeling/Art-Blender, GIMP
Games-Unity, Game Maker 8
D3luxe

Post by D3luxe »

I now know your pain.

I started working on an animation earlier, following a tutorial to get my foot in the door on animation and keyframing.

Well, I finished all the modelling and animation, threw a standard texture on it all, and started rendering the 600 frame 12-pass animation.

Time Remaining: 4:45:48. *sigh*, I need a renderfarm! Lol
Adobe Flash CS4
3DS Max & Maya
PC Spec:
8gb 800Mhz DDR2 RAM
1gb nVidia GTX275
2TB SATA HD
Windows 7 RTM
Last Known Hero

Hehe well I will let you know how mine turns out LOL
Power3DArt

Last Known Hero

I bought 3 10gb Hard Drives today on ebay, total of $30. I am still waiting for my paypal debit card to take the money of out of my account to buy the ethernet switch/port. I'm in a stand still right now.
Power3DArt

Return to “Art Showoff”