Fault - Animation

Models, Sprites, Concept, ect...
Last Known Hero

Fault - Animation

Post by Last Known Hero »

Hey guys, this is a major WIP and I am not devoting all my time to it, but I am going to be making a short teaser video (I know, I know.. save that until your game is running! But I can't I had a great idea and don't want to lose it) and it will include alot of zombies (hopefully) I already have 5 buildings modeled on the street :S unfortunetly they are rather high poly 192 000 for those five. I am saving polys by using planes & alpha images for the buildings that won't be really in the scene, and mostly DoF blurred.

Lighting, DoF, and motion blur will be editted / added. I want this to take a long time and to look great.

The video will have a character running down the street at dusk, then zombies will begin to pour out behind him, from allyways and jumping off buildings to try to get to him. The main character will then proceed to turn the corner where he can go straight or right, the straight way has more zombies rushing towards him, so he turns right looking panicked. once he nears the end of the street he turns around with a devilish grin and watches the crowd of zombies claw towards him. The front zombie will trip a laser sensor (this zombie was especially fast so the other zombies were a few seconds behind). He shoots that zombie in the head and the others all get blown the hell away by a massive explosion and falling buildings that will block their path. Fades away to black with the game logo (don't know the logo yet).

Let me know what you think (pic of some buildings below).

Power3DArt

-Current Project: Fault [Pre-Alpha]
D3luxe

Re: Fault - Animation

Post by D3luxe »

Look really good. I'm gonna try to get you some of those models you asked for too, just been busy with finals coming up.
Adobe Photoshop CS4/Illustrator CS4
Adobe Flash CS4
3DS Max & Maya
PC Spec:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 (2.8ghz)
8gb 800Mhz DDR2 RAM
1gb nVidia GTX275
2TB SATA HD
Windows 7 RTM
Last Known Hero

Take your time bud. I understand how busy things can get.
Power3DArt

hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

wow looking great so far
Last Known Hero

Ran into a little problem. I don;t have enough RAM to render all of the shadow data on the buildings (lol at me) so I'm installing my 2009 again and putting in VRAY, hopefully they are powerful enough to solve my problems. Will post screenies soon
Power3DArt

SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

That looks awesome...

I know what you mean, I want to put together a short teaser trailer, but I am not that good at animating, let along modeling yet...

I can't wait too see yours! :)

D3luxe

Post by D3luxe »

If you need anything rendered that is too much for your PC, feel free to send it to me. I have access to a render farm at my school that I can leave running for as long as it needs to, on a few nice PC's.

What is your system running?
Adobe Flash CS4
3DS Max & Maya
PC Spec:
8gb 800Mhz DDR2 RAM
1gb nVidia GTX275
2TB SATA HD
Windows 7 RTM
Last Known Hero

Thanks Lux, I'll keep that in mind!
I'm running:

PC Spec:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+, 2.6 GHz
3070 mb RAM
256 Mb nVidia GeForce 8600 GT
400 GB HD
Seagate 640 GB External HD
Windows Vista Home Premium
Around 2 Year old computer
Power3DArt

D3luxe

Post by D3luxe »

Ah well yeah, my specs are better than that so if nothing else I could help render it out on my pc. But yeah, just leme know..Weekends (fridays specifically) work best if I need to use the farm at my school, but even during the week I should still be able to squeeze some time in to render it if needed.

It'll have to be within the next 2 weeks (before the 19th) if I need to use the farm at school though, cause after that I'll be going home for a few weeks. Mid january I'll be back at school though and can use the farm again then.
Adobe Flash CS4
3DS Max & Maya
PC Spec:
8gb 800Mhz DDR2 RAM
1gb nVidia GTX275
2TB SATA HD
Windows 7 RTM
Last Known Hero

Thanks again, It probably wont be during the next 2 weeks.. I still have to create more buildings, get the lighting correct, make roads, street details, animation of characters, then tweak those animations cause I wont get them right the first time.. lol

Is there anything specific that is needed? I dunno if it matters but I'm using 2010 Max.. might be able to get it down to 2009 if you aren't running that.

**EDIT**
Pic of The Street (The lighting still needs a bit of tweaking, does it look too orange to you guys?

Power3DArt

Return to “Art Showoff”