Latest pet project: HexTrader

Got a project near completion? Got a project with lots of screens and media? This is the place. This is for nearly finished and Projects with lots of media.
a_bertrand

Latest pet project: HexTrader

Post by a_bertrand »

It has been a long time since the last time I worked on some sort of games or produced anything for myself. But as I got again some free slots, I thought why not experiment a few things... and experimenting slowly produced something which could be share.

Over the last couple of months I wrote down small PvP games which can be either be played against an AI (which was my first experimentation) or against other people live. All that may or may not be interesting to you.

However as the project slowly grow I thought why not try to make a RTS game, and see how far I can get it. I don't want those AAA RTS games like Age of Empires or others, I want something quick to play, like in 20 min it must be over. I want to be a 1 vs 1 (again to be quick) and have both the possibility to play against some AI or other players.

To add some fun to it, as I never did it before, I decided to use a hexagonal type of grid which created for sure quite some mess to my code. I'm sure that could be much simpler than what I did, but whatever.

Now it's time to share what I have, which is by far not a finished product, and see if some of you is willing to participate in one form or in another:
hextrader.png
The game can be tested here:
https://www.ludiculus.com/HexTrader

At this point you cannot yet play against other players, nor the AI is all that smart and the rules needs to be polished... but I think it's a good start.

Any feedback / ideas how to improve it are welcome.
Creator of Dot World Maker
Mad programmer and annoying composer

Return to “Project Showoff Tier II”