Chance to buy NWE

General Chat, Comments
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Chance to buy NWE

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

So I have the opportunity to purchase NWE. It is for more than I want to spend so i want to ask the community if they are still interested in it. Do they feel there is a market for it? Do we have any mod makers out there? I do not want to buy it and it stay dead. I of course will update it as well as make lots of mods for it.
Chromeozone

Re: Chance to buy NWE

Post by Chromeozone »

Im pretty sure it was bought so someone could develop it full time, and release it to the market.

With the lack of updates, and lack of community responses, it's a dead engine, and you ain't going to be able to bring it back.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

I don't believe I cant revive it. It went dead due to no updates, no advertisement, and no community support. All things I/we can give it.
KaL

Post by KaL »

The interest is gone and the engine is very hard to config to make it unique. But I do love the security level on it!
cbsarge

Post by cbsarge »

I can't speak to whether it would be successful or not but, I would definitely be interested to see where it might go!
Kesstryl

Post by Kesstryl »

I wouldn't say the interest is gone. Many people would like to have our licenses honored, and see what can be done with it. It really was a nice PBBG builder for those who can't program or are not great at programming. Compared to many of the new engines up and coming, it also seemed to be fast. I have gripes with many of the new shiny engines with complex MVC and OOP being so bogged down they run slow without a dedicated server which not every new developer can afford.

Return to “General”