Now what?

General Chat, Comments
cbsarge

Now what?

Post by cbsarge »

:cry:

So since it seems this engine has been all-but abandoned.... now what? Is there anything similar available either as open source or for a small fee? My game is still and online but, it sure would be nice if it was using an engine that was actively being supported or had an active community of users.
KyleMassacre

Re: Now what?

Post by KyleMassacre »

It is a shame that this happened. It was a great little engine. I haven’t even touched it in a little over a year now especially since he won’t pay me out. It’s only $50 but still, $50 is $50
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

I will hit up Greg again for any update but I know it won't do any good.

In the mean time we really need to figure out some alternatives. I know I am working on Simple Engine but the more I work on it the more I realize it may not be what everyone is looking for. It is significantly different than NWE.
KaL

Post by KaL »

Cbsarge jump on KWM pbbg engine. It’s very close to it. I still need more modules but it’s the best out there so far.

Plus it’s free at the moment

Welcome back KYLE!!!!
ldmanfred

Post by ldmanfred »

Hello, I bought the platform some time ago and I really hoped that after 1 year it would improve significantly, I had the illusion of making a custom game like popmundo.com but far from all that possibility let time pass and today I saw that my 100 usd have not advanced much, ideas I have but the ignorance of professional programming prevent me from doing something like that why I opted for this platform, which could help from my position?
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

The future development of NWE maybe dead but the still engine works and you can make a game with it. Sadly I do not know any engine that does not require some kind of programming.
cbsarge

Post by cbsarge »

I never really pushed ahead with it but, the link in my signature is to a game made with NWE.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

and it is an awesome game. Where did you get all the art? Did you make it yourself?
cbsarge

Post by cbsarge »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:and it is an awesome game. Where did you get all the art? Did you make it yourself?
Thanks! :D

Some images are Home made and others are modified versions of images I found on the internet.

Return to “General”