Text base MMO

RealmCrafter, Multiverse, MMOKIT, ect...
The fix

Re: Text base MMO

Post by The fix »

Please let me know if you decide to sell it. I would certainly like to learn more and possibly purchase it, if it suits what I want to do well.
mailmeharry2008

Post by mailmeharry2008 »

Ain't there any PHP text based game making tutorial for PHP7? All tutorials and even engines seems to be written in old PHPs. It will be wonderful if someone post a engine and tutorial for making text based PBBG with latest PHP7. Thanks
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

I think overall the web based game tutorials have reduced. I do not see as many as I use to. Now everyone just makes stupid comment videos or "watch me play this game". I hate those videos.

I would not say those older tutorials are really out dated though. The difference in PHP5 and 7 is not that big when it comes to coding. Its mainly performance so whatever you learn in 5 you can carry over to 7. The new Zend engine is under the hood. A few new operators like the spaceship operator and a few added things to classes.
Chromeozone

Post by Chromeozone »

Is there a reason why a post has been revived after 7 years???
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

I agree on what Halls said. The big, earth-shattering changes in PHP happened from PHP 4 to PHP 5. PHP5+ is absolutely not compatible with PHP4 or before. But from PHP5 and beyond, it was just feature additions. The core of the language is still the same.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Chromeozone wrote:Is there a reason why a post has been revived after 7 years???
This is a very slow forum section. It is possible it was still on the front page of the section.

EDIT: Okay, after looking, it wasn't. But ehh. This is still a forum section that rarely gets touched.
The indelible lord of tl;dr

Return to “MMO Makers”