9_6_2017

hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

9_6_2017

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Wanted to give the first official update of the engine. I made some real changes and I guess it is best described by first giving a warning about this "engine". This is nothing like MCodes or NWE. I know I have said that before but I need to re-emphasize this. This is more of a pre made game that you can modify really easily. For me I do not want to create a game maker so to speak. I want a system where you choose the game template/type(RPG, Resource builder, Mafia, ect) and modify it to your liking using the simple drag and drop mod file system I am building. Teh rules are already there, you just change the pics and build the mods and change the look and its your game. Coding at some levels is required of course. It is hard to explain so I hope to have a working example and videos up soon. I am currently building the first template which is an open world RPG. I will have an another update tomorrow with some screens shots.
Kesstryl

Re: 9_6_2017

Post by Kesstryl »

I think something new unlike how other engines have worked is great. While I liked NWE, for me it was quite a learning curve, but yours sounds like it will be more accessible for beginners who can learn their way up from a very basic starting point. I think that's better.
GameMaster

Post by GameMaster »

Hope you can give support when needed. The others were too vague and problematic that I ended up creating my own as well.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

I am still working on it and yes it will be tailored for beginners but also enough for more advanced users to use it as a great starting point in any game they create.

The first game I am working on for it will be much like my old Forsaken Sanctum web game where it is a massive living breathing world that the players shape. This way owners can modify it some and have very different games instead of a cookie cuter approach.

Return to “Updates”