Thoughts on video blogging my next game

For discussions about game development that does not fit in any of the other topics.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Thoughts on video blogging my next game

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

So just sold all my work on my recent game using NWE(not for the money, but the person really wanted it for a game they have been wanting to make for years and I was happy to help) and I am not in the mood to restart so I really want to go back to my roots of game development and game playing and build a absolute basic throw back to D&D pen and paper text basic dungeon crawl. When I mean throw back and simple I mean way back. Create your character, explore rooms, level up, but start from a black and white text game. Nothing too crazy but a good adventure with permadeath and some good old dungeon crawling. The first version is just explore, fight, search, and level up.
I was thinking of "video blogging" (hate that name) the game as I went. Sharing code and ideas and such as I build it. Not so much a tutorial but more on design and code. Not sure if anyone would be interested. I also would be building this with lots of admin backend stuff so people could build their own versions.
vitinho444

Re: Thoughts on video blogging my next game

Post by vitinho444 »

I actually am slowly following this approach. Using livecoding.tv I'm streaming what I'm currently doing on my project, either it has coding or not. That actually helps since lots of people come to your stream and start cheering and you really feel motivated by it as you move on.
Also, I'm planning on doing some mid-stream updates to youtube, showcasing what it's done.

I really think you should do it, lots of people would learn from your process and motivate you to continue.

What I'm failing is that sometimes I start coding and working on my project, and 1 hour in I see that I forgot to hit "record" :lol: , so yeah, don't forget that.

Good luck :)
My Company Website: http://www.oryzhon.com

Return to “General Development”