Noob to CSS and dealing with a densely filled in page

For discussions about game development that does not fit in any of the other topics.
Callan S.

Noob to CSS and dealing with a densely filled in page

Post by Callan S. »

Hi guys,

I don't know much about CSS and I'm working with a script I've downloaded. It has the main contents in the middle and I want to add adverts on either side. I'm guessing it's possible to do that, anyway.
faucet layout blank.jpg
I'm not sure what to look for though...and I can't attach things to this post that have a .php extension (should I try attaching a renamed version?. There's an index.php in the main directory. Then in templates/default theres also an index.php and setup.php

Any clue as to what direction I should be looking in would be appreciated - the files are so dense with info I can't really figure them out, nor do I know much CSS to begin with.

Hopefully I can make some some small change with a faucet and send some donations around! :)
KyleMassacre

Re: Noob to CSS and dealing with a densely filled in page

Post by KyleMassacre »

You can tinker around with what they do here:
http://www.456bereastreet.com/archive/2 ... _with_css/

Just edit it to fit your needs
Callan S.

Post by Callan S. »

Thanks Kyle - I tried it but when I included it, it seemd to break the columns.

I'm currently trying out a sandwhich style, with an banner ad above and one below.

But I'd like to reduce the white space the scripts css forces above and below the faucet - could anyone give me a hint as to what to look for amongst the scripts files that would likely control such whitespace?
vitinho444

Post by vitinho444 »

Callan, I think you should try using a framework such as Bootstrap or Foundation. The make that column thing much much much easier, and I'm afraid that's the world I know now.

With simple CSS, I think you should use width:"%" to achieve that columns effect, like

Code: Select all

<div class="container">
<div class="20%">
Ad
</div>

<div class="60%">
Content
</div>

<div class="20%">
Ad
</div>
</div>
Of course its pseudo code, you would do in the css class width: 20%; and so on. Don't know if it helps, but I hope it does.
Good Luck.
My Company Website: http://www.oryzhon.com

Return to “General Development”