Big Thanks to Halls, Need Advice Also

For discussions about game development that does not fit in any of the other topics.
kierongi

Big Thanks to Halls, Need Advice Also

Post by kierongi »

Ok I do need to start off by saying a big thank you to Halls, As with your Tutorials. Mainly the PHP ones. I have my first job interview as a PHP coder.

Now I would like to get an idea of what the interview will consist of, such as any company based questions or general questions also.

Thanks for the help guys

Kieron
gedq

Re: Big Thanks to Halls, Need Advice Also

Post by gedq »

every interview I've done in 2 years (I'm a contractor) has asked me to name design patterns. And everyone seems hot on testing, so you will be wise to be able to talk about phpunit :)

good luck!
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Just be truthful but also motivated. So many developers are stale and have no motivation. I interview and hire for developing jobs and a degree is usual +1 but motivation to code and learn is +10 in my book. Show you are willing to do what it takes no matter what and it trust me they will lite up.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

And as far as other topics, web services are also getting pretty important to most businesses today. Also, frameworks. The plus to frameworks as far as job interviews go is that there are dozens of popular frameworks for PHP, so most jobs are expecting that you will have to learn whichever framework they use on the job. If you have no experience with them, CodeIgniter is the most simple PHP framework to learn and understand. From there, you can tell a potential employer "I am familiar with the MVC pattern and PHP frameworks".
The indelible lord of tl;dr

Return to “General Development”