Models/Simulations

For discussions about game development that does not fit in any of the other topics.
Xaos

Models/Simulations

Post by Xaos »

Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone here created computer models, simulations, etc. As a hobby, or knew anyone who does?
Chris

Re: Models/Simulations

Post by Chris »

Model is a vast term.
Fighting for peace is declaring war on war. If you want peace be peaceful.
Xaos

Post by Xaos »

im looking for anything really. Anything that "demonstrates a system ". Science, finance, economics, social science, etc. Looking for more text or data based (graphs, charts, etc) and not 3D, but 3D would work as well. It's supposed to be broad/vague
Chris

Post by Chris »

I guess everything the computer does is really based on a model. So anything would do.
Fighting for peace is declaring war on war. If you want peace be peaceful.
Xaos

Post by Xaos »

From the wiki:

A computer simulation is a simulation, run on a single computer, or a network of computers, to reproduce behavior of a system. The simulation uses an abstract model (a computer model, or a computational model) to simulate the system. Computer simulations have become a useful part of mathematical modeling of many natural systems in physics (computational physics), astrophysics, chemistry and biology, human systems in economics, psychology, social science, and engineering. Simulation of a system is represented as the running of the system's model. It can be used to explore and gain new insights into new technology and to estimate the performance of systems too complex for analytical solutions.

So any of that. Its intentionally broad, yeah, because models can be so broad on topic. Or maybe im just not clear.
Sim

Post by Sim »

What you trying to find the answer to or want to create? new chemicals?
oRPG Creator - Make Your Own Browser Game
oRPG Creator on Facebook
Xaos

Post by Xaos »

I was just wondering if people created models for a hobby. For example, I'm creating an economics model that looks at income tax vs sales tax revenue.
Sim

Post by Sim »

Xaos wrote:I was just wondering if people created models for a hobby. For example, I'm creating an economics model that looks at income tax vs sales tax revenue.
I would like to try some sort of chemical and medical thing.

For example: some gene or cell stuff mixing it with chemicals threw a simulation to try to get some sort of outcome.

Like cancer or some other disease and run it threw millions/billions of mixed possibilities and see what happens. (I don't even know if stuff like this is possible)
oRPG Creator - Make Your Own Browser Game
oRPG Creator on Facebook
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

All the time! Sometimes if something seems to magically work in my statistics class, I will run a computer simulation to test to see if it is right (they always are). I also made a model of how the galaxy orbits the SMBH and how the Local Group moves to see how fast we are moving while standing still on this planet (something like 7 million kph for the curious).
The indelible lord of tl;dr

Return to “General Development”