Users Rankings

Place for questions and answers for all newcomers and new coders. This is a free for all forum, no question is too stupid and to noob.
Epiales

Users Rankings

Post by Epiales »

Okay... I'm going to setup user rankings based on Mafia titles, like Associate, Soldier, Caporegime, etc.... I think I want their ranking title to change after every 5th level they level up. How is a good start to do this? So when they reach userlevel 5, then it changes to a new title... user level 10, another, and so forth...??
Nothing fancy, but a work in progress!

http://gameplaytoday.net
MikuzA

Re: Users Rankings

Post by MikuzA »

Hey,

I just wrote to another of your posts, which you could use here too.
Add an column to the Level_Table for example, that gives the 'Mafioso' it's title, depending on level.
MikuzA wrote:What about having a 'overall experience', that just calculates all the gained.
Then have a separate logic that splits it to levels (a whole different table for example)

Level_Table -
Level 1 - ExperienceFrom: 0, ExperienceTo: 299
Level 2 - ExperienceFrom: 300, ExperienceTo: 849
Level 3 - ExperienceFrom: 850, ExperienceTo: 1499

Player1 - Experience:1200
Join Level_Table on Experience between ExperienceFrom AND ExperienceTo -> Level 3

Or something like that,
Then if your player receives... a huge amunt of experience by defeating something with a 1 hour struggle, and the player gets so much experience he gains 2 levels for it, It would be much easier to handle.

You catch the point? :)
As a suggestion, I know this might be difficult to start changing in the middle of development. But still!
Why so serious?

Business Intelligence, Data Engineering, Data Mining
PHP, HTML, JavaScript, Bash/KornShell, Python, C#, PL/SQL
MySQL, DB2, Oracle, Snowflake
Pentaho, DataStage, Matillion, Unity3D, Blender

Return to “Beginner Help and Support”