New Phase of IR

Indie-Resource announcements, news and any site discussion.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

New Phase of IR

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

This April will be 5 years for IR. Hard to believe really. Thanks everyone for making it a great 5 years!

When I originally started this site it was meant to be a resource site for free stuff. A place where people could easily find resources for games. Hence the name :) Well the forums blew up and I never got to make the site the way I originally planned. At least until today. Today embarks the second phase of building a massive resource site. The first phase became a great community and we definitely have that!

So after making some edits to vitinho444's resource site he built us I have uploaded it and got it working with forum accounts.
http://indie-resource.com/resource/
Everything ties to your forum account here so you log in here then go there.

There still may be some bugs please report them all in the topic I have created on it. I will also be working on the look and making it more forum like and streamlined.

Now here is where it gets fun. Many of you need a good host. So I have prepared the site hosting for indie-resource but added a kicker. For each resource you upload to IR's resource site you get one point. You can spend those points to buy hosting!

So lets say for 50 points a month you can buy a 300 meg site with 1 db, and some bandwidth.

Please leave your comments and suggestions on the resource section. Also how many points would the above be worth per month? 30? 50? 100?

Thanks to all for the help thus far and I look forward to making the site even better!
Xaos

Re: New Phase of IR

Post by Xaos »

Awesome! That sounds great and should def. attract a lot of members to the forum AND the resource sharing side, especially if they get "free" hosting!
vitinho444

Post by vitinho444 »

Wow it got my account ahhaha :) Nice.
You can remove the ones i made for testing since they are not a resource.

Also the hosting thing sounds very cool since you can help with free resources, i only see one problem. The resources are free yes, but you need to know the source. Let say a person uploads his art to the resource website, but he doesn't have unlimited art so he can't have hosting :/

Go IR!! BIG IN ROMANIAA!!!

PS: I've noticed a bug. When i try to rate it still asks me for a login.
My Company Website: http://www.oryzhon.com

hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

k will fix thanks

It is not for people to just upload their resources but also upload resources they find on the net.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

This is a very cool idea! :cool:

How will we enforce IP rights? Someone could download a sprite pack online, and then upload it piecemeal to the site to milk free hosting.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
vitinho444

Post by vitinho444 »

Jackolantern wrote:This is a very cool idea! :cool:

How will we enforce IP rights? Someone could download a sprite pack online, and then upload it piecemeal to the site to milk free hosting.
Yap there's a problem right there... Well we need some report system maybe?
My Company Website: http://www.oryzhon.com

hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

like any site like this we will have to have a report system and a disclaimer. We cannot promise all material will not be protected but we can promise quick response on pulling it down when it is.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:like any site like this we will have to have a report system and a disclaimer. We cannot promise all material will not be protected but we can promise quick response on pulling it down when it is.
That is what I was thinking :)
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

comment and rating system should work now
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Looking very nice! :)