Actual Site Layout

Posts related to the development of LNitewing's "Fabled Kingdoms of Nizinia"
LNitewing

Actual Site Layout

Post by LNitewing »

So I scrapped the Wix editor site because they seem to only want content created with them to be hosted by them. Trying to copy it off was a mess and too much trouble.

Over a few days I worked on coming up with a good theme I liked and the actual layout of the site. It's not part of the game itself but compliments it. After coming up with a basic design using JQuery UI I had to merge it with my MVC 5 project. There is still many issues and things that needs to be redone/worked out and is far from finished, but this is what it looks like right now. I chose a gold and green theme for it.

Don't mind the white background, it'll be changed to something darker later.

If you want a live demo of it (it's not much at the moment) you can find it here. Beware however, it's a volatile version of the app, so it can change without notice or not even work from time to time.
Sanity is vastly overrated!
Twitter: @LNitewing (Personal Account), @NitewingGaming (for general development progress and stuff), @NiziniaGame (for specific updates on FKoN).
Jackolantern

Re: Actual Site Layout

Post by Jackolantern »

I am not really sure about using such assertive colors for the body of the layout. I would think it may become a bit painful to read on it, or to stare at it for extended periods. I like the structure, though :)
The indelible lord of tl;dr
vitinho444

Post by vitinho444 »

Like Jacko said, I think the color scheme is not the best.

I'm not the top designer, I'm not even a designer ahaha, but in my opinion, monochromatic websites with a good structure are beautiful, If you are using other color schemes than greyscales then i suggest using something more common, like blue/black/white, red/black/white, well basically choose any color, and mix the color scheme with white and black, It will look awesome in my opinion.

The structure is fine :D
My Company Website: http://www.oryzhon.com

LNitewing

Post by LNitewing »

I typically only work with dark greys/blacks/whites as I'm more of a dark person, but for this I wanted a lighter theme. Originally I had a much brighter green and much brighter gold colours that looked discordant together.

Anyways, when coming up with the current theme, I decided to allow the user to choose between many themes (The ones in the gallery here.) I haven't implemented that yet though. :)

Since this is early in development, if any of you want to create a theme using the ThemeRoller above, you can PM me the downloaded theme, or the link to it and I can include it as one of the themes. :)

Thanks for the feedback! :D
Sanity is vastly overrated!
Twitter: @LNitewing (Personal Account), @NitewingGaming (for general development progress and stuff), @NiziniaGame (for specific updates on FKoN).
vitinho444

Post by vitinho444 »

You could do that, instead of giving the user one choice, give him a bunch of themes to choose :D
My Company Website: http://www.oryzhon.com

Return to “Development”