RockMongo

A topic built around all the best posts and information from the site. It includes informative posts, links to resources, tips, tricks, ect... Do not post here unless it will become a resource based post.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

RockMongo

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Just started using RockMongo
http://www.rockmongo.com/

It is a visual editor like PHPMyAdmin but for Mongo. Loving it so far. Makes life much easier when setting up the DB.
Jackolantern

Re: RockMongo

Post by Jackolantern »

I use RockMongo, too! I was using a tool called Mongo Vue which was quite a bit better, but my trial ran out and I could not see paying the price for it after my trial expired.

However, looking at Mongo Vue again, it appears they have drastically lowered the price and made the free version much more usable. For $35 for the Standard Edition, which really only varies in how many users is licenses, I could now see licensing it. It was quite a bit more user-friendly than RockMongo and had some nice features.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

interesting. Even the free version has some good features. Really only missing the monitor which would that not be done through the server command window anyways? Or is that just a way of doing it not on the server?
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

I would suggest to try it out, because the free version has been totally changed since I tried it. There were all kinds of data limits on the free version when I tried it that made it not fit my needs, but it appears that has been changed.

As far as server monitoring services, if you are running your db server as a single, simple process, I don't think you would need that. GridFS was pretty cool, but in no way a requirement.

You just may be able to get by with only the free edition :cool:
The indelible lord of tl;dr

Return to “Resources”