The Generation I: Corruption

Have a project in the works but not much media? How about an idea you are turning into a project? Maybe a game design document you want to start with. This is the place.
bloobat

The Generation I: Corruption

Post by bloobat »

Hello all I am new to these forums (I recently joined) and as you can see my username is bloobat. :P By the way, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this since I haven't started production or anything I've just been writing it out so far.

My game is called The Generation I: Corruption. The title is pretty self explanatory, it's about the world being corrupt. Many conflicts have started all across the globe. The game is based in modern times (on planet Earth ;)) and is pretty much modern warfare. The genre is RPG/FPS but you can invert the camera between 3rd and first person perspective if you want to view your character of course. It's best played in first person though in my opinion. Unless you have great aim of course. Now it's an RPG in a way because you have NPCs (certain ones) you can interact with and an FPS in that it can be played like a shooter. All the continents are involved in the game such as South America, North America, Africa, Asia, Europe, Australia, Anarctica. A lot of countries are involved in this as well. What the main idea of the game is that Russia and China have allied up with each other to bring back communisum but across the globe, there are civil wars in Africa and Latin America and etc. China is taking over the Pacific region (Japan, Vietnam, etc) while Russia dominates the European countries. Now in the beginning, the player's brother and sister are kidnapped by a deadly organization called the Funii which is a Saudi Arabian organization. Kidnappings were all over the US (which is where you're from) and the player is pretty much pulled into these conflicts. I don't want to provide any spoilers so that's all I can tell you. :) There are battles in the United States as well just letting you all know so you will be playing in Los Angelos and Washington D.C. :P Russia is also performing nuclear testing in Anarctica, making Austrailia a target for getting nuked. There's a whole lot to this game I just can't provide every detail because that would spoil it.

I plan on using Unity as the engine to make this game. I used to use Realm Crafter but I didn't really like it anymore because it didn't meet my requirements...
kyraneth

Re: The Generation I: Corruption

Post by kyraneth »

I really love the concept. But you should watch out not to make potential players angry by applying stereotipical tags to their cultures, especially in these edgy times :) And good luck with unity :)
Just FYI, the post is above, so stop looking down here and do something useful.

king noob. Nice.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

I don't know, commercial games do it all the time these days. I don't know if they have done it to this extent, but some games definitely work off of political stereotypes of countries.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
bloobat

Post by bloobat »

Thanks! :D I will try to avoid sterotypes and stuff as well lol. ;) I've been working on avoiding that currently.

I also want to announce that I'll probably be starting production sometime this winter (saving up for Unity of course). By then I'll be done writing out the game, I'm also going to try to start making models now. I may have to use Blender 3d for that lol.
towcar

Post by towcar »

Sweeet idea Blooby
My Suggestions though is to make Canada a country, whose only problem is loving to much and for being outstandingly better in everything haha

Also another crazy idea that if your game made it big enough, some countries would probably boycott it due to the insult you might put upon other countries haha. Except with that idea, it means every American would love it even more :P So legally you should be ok unless you ship outside North America, and I know you don't want to deal with anything involving the law (Anymore)
bloobat

Post by bloobat »

I do have Canada in my game. :D lol, well they play a big role as well in my game.

lol that's a possibility. But I dont think they'll boycott it. ;) Reason I say that is because a whole lot of games that go worldwide/commercial seem to sell a lot and they portray some of these things. :P Call of Duty 4 seemed to be a big hit even in Russia (I think lol) even though they were the "bad guys" in the game lol.

OH I might've left this out of my description:

There's character creation, choose your gender, race, nationality, and fully customize your character! :P I'm so sorry I forgot to add this in my description it's pretty big lol. Anyways, customize the character size (buff, fat, skinny, average), hair, hair color, etc.

Return to “Project Showoff Tier I”