Upcoming Features?

General Chat, Comments
njfrlng

Upcoming Features?

Post by njfrlng »

Hey my name is Nic.

I've just purchased nw-engine and am loving it so far! Im still a long ways away from launching anything, but it looks promising!!

I have some experience with mysql, php, etc but not enough to undertake such a task on my own. This is why nw-engine is perfect!!

Anyways I was curious what your plans going forward are. Do you still plan on adding new features? or are you content with what you've got so far.
KyleMassacre

Re: Upcoming Features?

Post by KyleMassacre »

Well I know Alain has a lot of stuff on his plate with other projects and I still currently develop for it but time is limited right now.

I do have some plans for modules but they can be very consuming but if you have some requests feel free to share them and I can maybe take on a couple
a_bertrand

Post by a_bertrand »

Let's say I'm mostly in "maintenance mode", which means, if there is some bugs I will try to quickly fix them, as well as if you have wishes I will consider them. However I don't have currently much to add to the engine due to the fact that I would not know what would be needed (it's pretty complete in my opinion), as well as KyleMassacre said, I'm working on my own game and it takes me a lot of my free time. However if you have wishes, please share them.
Creator of Dot World Maker
Mad programmer and annoying composer
Kesstryl

Post by Kesstryl »

A couple things I could think of would be a quest system like having quest chains and story lines, also a character image or character avatar which can be displayed in fighting or in town or on a character profile page. Also for enemies, I'd like to change out that rat for custom monster images. I know modders could probably easily implement these things, and I might try at some point, but right now the engine is confusing to mod with at my php level (really hoping the community makes some more tutorials). It's definitely great for what it already does, but those were things I had hoped were already in there and weren't.
a_bertrand

Post by a_bertrand »

Quests and NPC dialogs are already there. You can also easly change the images of the monsters (image upload from the admin panel if I remember right).
Creator of Dot World Maker
Mad programmer and annoying composer
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

I too have some free modules planned. I am looking at making a move soon that will help put me back to where I use to be with free time. When that happens it is ON!!
njfrlng

Post by njfrlng »

Thats awesome hells!

If you need any brainstorming sessions or ideas hit me up!

I have TONS!

Im learning as I go, I get the concepts of mysql, php, etc... just can't quiet execute the code part.
KaL

Post by KaL »

This engine had a lot of stuff that you can do, almost everything. Take it from me, I don't even know php when I started this engine. A lot of YouTube and reading the wiki and modify stuff out helps a lot. Oh yeah! And the support from Kyle and Alain is great! Currently I'm building my own personal "player company module" using the works module as my tool. I got it to work! Sadly I won't be able to share this script, it will just confuse you guys. After I'm done you guys can test it.

Return to “General”