Color Scheme is it working?

General Chat, Comments
KaL

Color Scheme is it working?

Post by KaL »

when i went to admin and click on color scheme. -I just got a screen shot of the website and no editing box or button anywhere. how can i change the color of the layout of the mafia template? or do i have to go in the script and manually change the color?
a_bertrand

Re: Color Scheme is it working?

Post by a_bertrand »

Templates inside NWE are not part of the "script". They are all stored inside the "templates" directory and are completely separated from the rest of the code.

The mafia theme (the one I offer) is called neo_mafia, and you can easily change the color scheme by going to templates/neo_mafia and edit the mafia.css
You may need to edit some of the images too, but start with the CSS. Browser developer tools will help you to discover the CSS and even interactively edit it, but remember they don't save the files, so it is just to test things.
Creator of Dot World Maker
Mad programmer and annoying composer
Kesstryl

Post by Kesstryl »

I use Notepad++ to directly edit the CSS, but if you have Microsoft Dreamweaver (I believe it's now free to download), you can just double click the CSS file (from the Windows Explorer file directory) and it will automatically open in Dreamweaver. You can edit and save it that way too.
a_bertrand

Post by a_bertrand »

Dreamweaver is from adobe as far as I know... Not Microsoft, and I don't think it's free... it's 20$ (or nearly) per month.
Creator of Dot World Maker
Mad programmer and annoying composer
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

I think you are thinking of Microsoft Expression Web, which has been discontinued and became free.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Kesstryl

Post by Kesstryl »

Yup Expresion Web, it was really late last night when I made that post, and I had just finished some complex math homework, so yeah, that's what I meant.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Obviously Dreamweaver has more functionality, but it costs a lot more than nothing. For being free, Expression Web is about as good of an alternative that I know exists.
The indelible lord of tl;dr

Return to “General”