License Invalid

General Chat, Comments
steelvoltage

License Invalid

Post by steelvoltage »

Today I purchased the New Worlds Engine and attempted to install it on my web server. I tried using the Self Installer, but it kicked back an error message, so I did a manual install. However, I'm now getting an error message on the index.php page when I attempt to do the installation.

It says:
License invalid. Please purchase a valid license at: New Worlds Engine.
Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: License Invalid

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Not sure if same issue but I had to clear cache and refresh and log out and back in to get mine to work. Also open up license.php in the config folder to make sure it matches what is on the new worlds engine website.
a_bertrand

Post by a_bertrand »

I will deal with it via email.
Creator of Dot World Maker
Mad programmer and annoying composer
a_bertrand

Post by a_bertrand »

Issue solved. Basically his rented shared host doesn't allow neither curl not fsockets. Which means the engine cannot contact the server to check the license during the installation (I should improve this to make the message clearer). We managed to install it, however he will not be able to upgrade modules, install new one nor send his own to the marketplace.
Creator of Dot World Maker
Mad programmer and annoying composer
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

now that is what I call support!
KyleMassacre

Post by KyleMassacre »

Its a shame about your hosting provider and I would totally reccomend switching hosts because curl and fsockopen to me are pretty much mandotory. The major thing with NWE is the capability to communicate with the mothership, and without that you are almost completely dead in the water.

If your looking for a decent cheap host by any chance you can pm me and I will give you some options to maybe look at because I don't want to go too off topic here.
steelvoltage

Post by steelvoltage »

Thanks! I may actually do that at some point. For now, I have it hosted on my machine while I learn the system and play around with it.

Return to “General”