Ambitious crew needed for browsergame

Looking for a team? Need some team members?
Losdivinos

Ambitious crew needed for browsergame

Post by Losdivinos »

Hello I am in the making of a browsergame, which has to air an open beta febuary 3rd 2014.
The very interesting thing is, that just about 60.000 people will hear about this game on febuary 3rd 2014, so that is why it is a strict deadline.
The projects is not just about the money, though we of course would generate revenue on it later, but about making a really nice game for people to play.

We are currently 3 people working on the game.
Me - Programming and marketing the game
Markus - Designing & layout
Ark - Programming some more advanced stuff (HTML5 canvas & Live animated PHP, adventures)

I am not really going to tell too much about the game at this point.
It takes place in a fantasy world yet to be named with the idea of becoming the most powerful player or guild, exploring and traveling the world and doing quests.
We don't think browsergames are social enough, so that is something we will be focusing a lot on.

We are recruiting 2 people.
Since it has to air pretty soon, we are looking for both a talented designer and a routined programmor.
We will be needing some advanced design and a lot of dedication.

Please let me know about your interests on Skype or here.
Ask me anything about SEO & Marketing.
Jackolantern

Re: Ambitious crew needed for browsergame

Post by Jackolantern »

Some more info is likely needed for the positions. What kind of designer are you looking for? A graphic designer or a game designer? What does the programmer need to know? I gathered that you will be using HTML5 Canvas and PHP, but what exactly does this programmer need to know?

And it could also help to explain how 60,000 people are going to hear about the game. Having the chance to have a fairly popular game right out of the gate could be an enticement for potential recruits ;)
The indelible lord of tl;dr
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

agreed, this sounds very intriguing I am sure to many so as much information provided will greatly increase chances of the right person.
Losdivinos

Post by Losdivinos »

Oh, alright. I agree with you guys. Let me cover the things better. :)

I am in contact with a few youtubers. One of them is in top 5 of danish gamer youtubers. He will make a video about the game on febuary 3rd, since I make his personal website. Also he will be advertising the game later on. A few other smaller youtubers are also ready to help out with spreading of the game.

Basically we have a designer, who is used to do modern website designing and I have been working with him for years. He is great, but he is just a designer. He doesn't do drawing or such, and that will be very much needed on this game. It is a fantasy game, so we want it to look like one, and not just like a modern portfolio, if you get me. That is why we need a person with some pen tool routine and probably drawing skills also, who can make some relic details and so on.

There is no specific tasks for the programmer. I will be programming, and he will be programming too. It is just because we need to get this development going fast, since we have to get ready for the 3rd of febuary. Anuar will be doing some of the more advanced stuff like HTML5 + node.js Live PvP, adventures, since he is a way better programmer than me. The programmer needs spare time and routine, but he doesn't have to know every single line of code there is to learn.
Chris

Post by Chris »

Can I fork a branch? I'll see if I can help some.
Fighting for peace is declaring war on war. If you want peace be peaceful.
Losdivinos

Post by Losdivinos »

I have messaged you, Chris.

Just a quick little update. I agreed with Anuar, that we should use a PHP framework and I think we will go with CodeIgniter.
Currently we are trying to figure whether we should start from scratch or just recode what we have now.
Another interesting thing is, we have found a danish drawer, who is really interested in working on a project like this.
I have also got myself rights from deviantartists to use a lot of extremely high quality images and landscapes.

I think the programming or reprogramming will begin by tomorrow and with intense work until about new year.

I will keep updating when interesting things happen.
Chris

Post by Chris »

I'm a strong supporter of Yii Framework. Used to use CodeIgniter. When using Yii I find myself more productive.
Fighting for peace is declaring war on war. If you want peace be peaceful.
Losdivinos

Post by Losdivinos »

I won't hesitate to check it out.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Yeah, I have also really fallen out of interest with CodeIgniter. I lean more towards FuelPHP, Laravel or Yii. All of them are excellent.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Losdivinos

Post by Losdivinos »

What functions do these other frameworks provide?
I know that there is probably other awesome frameworks, but wouldn't it be overkill to recode all your stuff? I guess that depends on how important the functions are for you, but then again, you can make your own libraries.
So what makes other frameworks better than CI?

Return to “Recruitment”