UI scene with ignoreCamera(true) affected by camera scale

All things HTML5 or text based engines, or really any web based engines.
foolmoron

UI scene with ignoreCamera(true) affected by camera scale

Post by foolmoron »

I've been experimenting with zooming the camera in and out for my game, and I encountered this issue where UI entities will be positioned incorrectly on screen when the camera scale is changed from the default 1.0 (using camera.scaleTo).

I've attached a super simple test project that demonstrates the behavior I'm talking about. Basically I want the UI scene with ignoreCamera(true) to ignore not only camera translation, but scale as well.
signature
coolbloke1324

Re: UI scene with ignoreCamera(true) affected by camera scal

Post by coolbloke1324 »

foolmoron wrote:I've been experimenting with zooming the camera in and out for my game, and I encountered this issue where UI entities will be positioned incorrectly on screen when the camera scale is changed from the default 1.0 (using camera.scaleTo).

I've attached a super simple test project that demonstrates the behavior I'm talking about. Basically I want the UI scene with ignoreCamera(true) to ignore not only camera translation, but scale as well.
Thanks very much for the example showing the broken behaviour! I beleive I have fixed this but I had to comment out a line that I thought (at least used to be) important. I did make a ton of UI updates recently including a lot of work in the method in question so perhaps the section I have commented is no longer required.

Update is in dev branch version 1.2.5.
CEO & Lead Developer
Irrelon Software Limited
http://www.isogenicengine.com
foolmoron

Re: UI scene with ignoreCamera(true) affected by camera scal

Post by foolmoron »

Man, such a quick response. You're the best.
signature

Return to “HTML5/Web Engines”