Integrate with CanvasInput?

All things HTML5 or text based engines, or really any web based engines.
JudgeX

Integrate with CanvasInput?

Post by JudgeX »

Has anyone considered or tried integrating with CanvasInput? I could make good use of it in my isogenic project, but I haven't quite been able to get an element to appear without also making the main canvas of ige stop working correctly.

CanvasInput: http://goldfirestudios.com/blog/108/Can ... Text-Input

I started with working in a client.js from one of the examples and tried adding it there (after including it in ClientConfig.js), but to no avail.

Any tips?
robaldred

Re: Integrate with CanvasInput?

Post by robaldred »

Ige already has it's own UI controls eg. IgeUiTextBox , are they not suitable?

I haven't looked at this library, however you'll probably need to create a custom entity class which extends IgeUiEntity which implements the CanvasInput functionality you need.

It might be worth asking Goldfire directly for pointers, I'm sure they'll be happy to assist as their game is using Ige.
JudgeX

Post by JudgeX »

Well, I was looking for something a little more configurable than what is already provided, with copy/paste capabilities and a more complete property list...

I haven't seen a good example of using the built in isogenic ones. Can the isogenic controls do multi-line, copy and paste, word-wrap, etc?
JudgeX

Post by JudgeX »

Oh, and thanks for the tip as to who to contact. I've used a contact form on the webpage and am waiting to hear back from them. I meant to thank you before but I was very tired and I guess it slipped my mind.
coolbloke1324

Post by coolbloke1324 »

The IGE one is very basic. I've been meaning to jump on the UI stuff and create new ones with caret support, copy and paste etc but I keep getting distracted by other updates :)

Also the text functionality for a text box is bloody complex. Relatively simple on desktop but making it work on mobile as well is a nightmare. For instance the mobile keyboard will only appear when focused on a real text input field in the DOM so you have to create a shadow element that the user interacts with and then mirror the changes on the canvas one. That is just so messy. Urgh!
CEO & Lead Developer
Irrelon Software Limited
http://www.isogenicengine.com

Return to “HTML5/Web Engines”