Impact and Node.js Video #10

Impact, Node, Web Sockets, Javascript, HTML5, Mysql, tons of things in this tutorial
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Impact and Node.js Video #10

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

kochecc2

Re: Video 10

Post by kochecc2 »

Love the tutorial series so far! It looks like the click-to-move code is just using vectors to move players in a straight line. Are you going to do stuff with path finding at some point to allow players to move places where they would normally run into objects, but instead go around them?
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

that is a good idea. Will work on that. Thanks!
Nic

Post by Nic »

You still working on this? I messaged you in the ImpactJS forums, but you never replied.

EDIT: Also you never uploaded the source. This looks to be the most promising browser-based MMO you've shown yet.
Liquid

Post by Liquid »

I hope you continue this tutorial to the end, covering all the features you mentioned. I haven't jumped into Impact yet but plan to when you start covering some sort of combat. I appreciate the videos, you're a great help and it is inspiring to have someone show the basics. I'm very excited for the Impact engine, I've been waiting for something like this for a while :D
kochecc2

Post by kochecc2 »

I agree this is the most promising browser-based mmo tutorial you've done. Also it's the most promising one I've seen anywhere! You are great at explaining why you're doing things, not just that you are.

Have you seen browserquest from mozilla? I think it's similar to this but without using ImpactJS. I still think ImpactJS will be easier for rapid development, but I will look into moding browserquest as well.

Also source please!!! ^__^
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

sorry to have not gotten the next video out and source. Been hella busy. Will get it out tomorrow if I can.
kochecc2

Post by kochecc2 »

Hey hallsofvalhalla, I understand you've been busy with work. But would be be able to post the code you have so far up to this point? I know you mentioned a lot of it is nowhere near where you want to be with it, but there are some things in there that I wanted to look at and didn't get a good look in the videos. :geek:

Thanks!
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

sure, will get it with a the new tut up very shortly.
patrick.bell

Post by patrick.bell »

Any chance of getting that source code?

Return to “Impact and Node/Socket.io”