No reason to panic

Indie-Resource announcements, news and any site discussion.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

No reason to panic

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Okay nevermind PANIC!!!

Heheh just kidding. I wanted to post this so no one freaks out gathers a posse and comes to my house with pitchforks and burns my house down.

Basically you will start to see more of .net, 3d development posts from me. Maybe a new section or two. Nothing changes with the site I just need a change of course.

let me explain....
I have been hardcore web developing since this site opened. Learning, training, building, making videos, ect.. all on web development. This includes what I post here and a ton I do under another alias for teams and some small indie game companies. Not to mention all my work with websites and my work at my normal job. I estimated 1 site per month for the past 4 years as a hobby and 2 sites a month as a normal job(on average). That's a average of 150 websites. They all have become a blur. I own around 20 domains myself. I average working on at least 2 games a month whether it is mine or someone else's I am helping with. I have over 200 videos.

I have been trying to motivate myself for the past few weekends and I just can't. I am sitting on some awesome games that I started building, games that 4 years ago I would have killed for. Now they just sit rotting because I am burnt. I have developed myself into a hole. I am getting nowhere fast. I am kicking myself for not releasing new videos. I want to, I need to, but it is like trying to push a 10 ton rock uphill with the wind against you.

I believe my salvation is in taking a break from the web stuff and moving on to some 3d again. I have been looking at some C# engines and I think I will work on a few simple 3d games and maybe release for xbox but my dream is to get a game released on steam...Good luck right? I will start with some quirky games then go from there.

Here is the don't panic part. I will continue to release web tutorials. Jack has gotten me into MongoDB which I am already wanting to do some tutorials on and I am still releasing some new MMORPG tutorials. The good news is I can release some good C# tuts as well.

I just did't want people seeing my change in direction and thinking all was lost like I have personally seen so many good places do.
Xaos

Re: No reason to panic

Post by Xaos »

Yay, good C# tuts ! We're behind you all the way !
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Awesome! Hey Halls, I found out that you can actually query Mongo with LINQ in C# :D
The indelible lord of tl;dr
giich

Post by giich »

Hello from Russia with love :geek:

I was watching your browser RTS tuts and then BAM, they ended. Your videos is very helpful - explaining basic ideas like external JS libraries, sprites and so on helps really much for the beginners. Have a nice 3d rest and keep em going, thx for your job!

Return to “Announcements and Site Discussion”