Blockd Minecraft-Like Game

Talk about game designs and what goes behind designing games.
Luke111

Blockd Minecraft-Like Game

Post by Luke111 »

I'm back!
I have been working on a new version of my game (used to be known as Lukeminer), named Blockd.
It is (somewhat) like Minecraft, but made in BlitzMax (instead of Java).
Here's the github link: http://github.com/TheGipoyennib/blockd
This version is not finished yet, but here's what the previous version had:
Networking Support (not full multiplayer, though people could visit different parts of the infinite map at the same time from different computers)
Infinite, Randomly Generated Map

Other versions had full multiplayer support, music, chat, etc. but they were not coded very well. When finished, Blockd will have all that.

Thanks!
Luke
I don't believe in platform-specific development, but I also don't believe in Apple.
Jackolantern

Re: Blockd Minecraft-Like Game

Post by Jackolantern »

Welcome back! Good to see you again and that game sounds cool! However, I don't have access to Blitz to do anything with the source (although I am interested to look at it just to see a real, complex blitz program lol), so do you have any screenshots so we can see how it is coming? :cool:
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Luke111

Post by Luke111 »

Yep, here's a screenshot of the current login screen. That's all I got so far on this recode, as I got dragged into a new website project with one of my good friends.
I hope to have more on it tomorrow, but I am going to be busy, so we'll see. It is not a mockup, though. Everything works on it (the screen resolution changing, etc.)
blockd_5-11-13.PNG
I don't believe in platform-specific development, but I also don't believe in Apple.
Luke111

Post by Luke111 »

I'm slowly getting through all the boring networking code.

I wrote a standalone progress bar system to help with the login progress interface. You can see the code for that at http://blitzmax.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=3055

Here's a picture of the login system when it is attempting to connect to the game server (it uses a slightly modified version of the progress bar system):
blockd_6-1-13.PNG
I am still updating the github repo as I go, so for those of you who know about github, come check it out!!!
https://github.com/TheGipoyennib/blockd

Edit: I am also going to post in tier 2 from now on. I have lots to share about this project, and I have screenshots of the previous versions (most of which looked really good, but not good enough for me to stop).
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Looking good! Keep it up :)
The indelible lord of tl;dr

Return to “Game Design”