Who would be interested in a pure JS step by step tutorial

Talk about game designs and what goes behind designing games.
a_bertrand

Who would be interested in a pure JS step by step tutorial

Post by a_bertrand »

Hi,

As I see a lot of of you start using JS engines, and / or unity, also because you may lack the knowledge to start from scratch. Not pointing the finger against any of you, just saw some comments in that direction, that's it.

What I could offer is some step by step tutorial, start from a blank page, and slowly make for example a simple iso canvas game. I would then share for example my avatar and some art with you to play with, and show you (in written form) how to go forward. I can't make a video with spoken explanation like mr admin did, my spoken english is not bad but certainly not at his level (being his mother tongue too ;) ) and also not being able at work to record such videos. At home I don't have the time (odd but it's like that) with two kids running around like bees.

So if there is some interest, show it, if not... then I keep my knowledge all for me :P
Creator of Dot World Maker
Mad programmer and annoying composer
Jackolantern

Re: Who would be interested in a pure JS step by step tutori

Post by Jackolantern »

Tutorials rarely ever go to waste here! More JS tutorials are one of the most requested topics for tutorials here :cool:
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Xaos

Post by Xaos »

JS Tutorial? Absolutely.
Text Tutorial? ABSOLUTELY !
I'd love you. I love the tuts on this site, though it seems there are not a bunch of text-tutorials, especially lengthy ones. I don't have much time to watch the video tuts always.
a_bertrand

Post by a_bertrand »

Ok It's still a work in progress, but you can start reading it here:
http://indie-resource.com/forums/viewto ... =26&t=6748
Mardonis

Post by Mardonis »

Yes please, I would be very interested in a Javascript step by step tutorial. The tutorials in this place are awsome. When you are finished with your videos how are you going to go by publiching them? vimeo, youtube, etc... Only reason I'm asking is because in some scenerios some people are blocked from file sharing and video hosting places like youtube and such. Computers are locked down also so only admins can install software but found a loophole in where I can use portable software like firefox, xampp, gimp and sublime. Take me for example. Here at work I am blocked all the time, except from vimeo for some reason and also I have access to non game hosting places like personal websites. Back a couple months ago there was a programmer here called Phantom Coder that had downloaded all of Vallhallas tuts here and put them on his server (very gratefull) for reasons such as this. It is a great thing to have and see done for people like me. You might be wandering, well why doesn't he just do it at home? I would if I could but the way my wife is I dont really want to get into that and she just doesn't understand how i am in wanting to program when I can therefore cant do it at home (used to program all the time before getting married). This is just an idea tho but yes javascript tutorials will greatlly be appreciated. Thank you.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

haha good to see my videos are important enough to be secretly placed on servers!

Javascript tutorials are ALWAYS great and I have been working on some Javascript videos but they were going on udemy by request. If you want I can do a video on your tuts as a follow along and explanation. I can do those tonight.

I and I am sure everyone else are very appreciative of the tutorials and we really need to get back into the tutorial business I just have been out for so long.
Mardonis

Post by Mardonis »

If I got anyone into trouble I didn't mean to. I had asked earlier if there was a way someone could do that and it was later turned to a sticky for reference but they are not hosted on there anymore for some reason so back to square one.
a_bertrand

Post by a_bertrand »

hallsofvallhalla you are certainly welcome to do videos if you think it can add to the tutorial I started. Check it and let me know guys what you think about it.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

No trouble I was joking. No biggie.

I will read through the tuts shortly. Looking forward to it.
Xaos

Post by Xaos »

Halls, you should make some Java video tuts :P

Return to “Game Design”