Programming langue comparable to Heroscript?

C++, C#, Java, PHP, ect...
tboxx

Programming langue comparable to Heroscript?

Post by tboxx »

I am just starting to setup programming lessons with a tutor and was wondering what common programming language would be comparable to Heroscript. Its object oriented and has procedural features. My limited understanding is that C++ is procedural and Python is object orientated?
srachit

Re: Programming langue comparable to Heroscript?

Post by srachit »

tboxx wrote:I am just starting to setup programming lessons with a tutor and was wondering what common programming language would be comparable to Heroscript. Its object oriented and has procedural features. My limited understanding is that C++ is procedural and Python is object orientated?
Not true, C is procedural, the entire point of creating C++ was for OOP, so C++ is object oriented.
Python is easier to grasp and understand, while C++ is tougher. Still I'd suggets you learn C++, that is the language I started off with, learning C++ enabled me to easily understand other languages, without a tutor.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

C++ still allows procedural programming, as it is a super set of C. It takes basically all of C and adds to it. You are free to use classes or not use them, and any C application will compile in a C++ compiler (although the reverse is not true). C++ is a multiparadigm language composed of procedural, object-oriented, and functional programming, possibly among others.

I am not familiar with HeroScript, but if it is a procedural language with OOP parts, C++ could be a good fit. The only downside is that 2 large topics that tend to take up a lot of people's time when learning it, manual memory management and pointers, are not likely to be present in HeroScript.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
tboxx

Post by tboxx »

Jackolantern wrote:C++ still allows procedural programming, as it is a super set of C. It takes basically all of C and adds to it. You are free to use classes or not use them, and any C application will compile in a C++ compiler (although the reverse is not true). C++ is a multiparadigm language composed of procedural, object-oriented, and functional programming, possibly among others.

I am not familiar with HeroScript, but if it is a procedural language with OOP parts, C++ could be a good fit. The only downside is that 2 large topics that tend to take up a lot of people's time when learning it, manual memory management and pointers, are not likely to be present in HeroScript.

Well it would be a start. I think it will be easyer to understand and learn if I could learn the basics but also learn how it applies in a non abstract sense. I know a lot of programmers are self taught. In my case, I need a tutor, at least at the start. I am not interested in coding/programming for the joy of programming but as a means to an end. If I can code things with heroscript, than it would be a succcess. Programming is so vast in terms of the different subsets like coding shaders, networking, etc.. I am not trying to learn it all in right off.

Jack would a beginers book on C++ dabble in OOP and and procedural language ?
srachit

Post by srachit »

tboxx wrote:
Jackolantern wrote:C++ still allows procedural programming, as it is a super set of C. It takes basically all of C and adds to it. You are free to use classes or not use them, and any C application will compile in a C++ compiler (although the reverse is not true). C++ is a multiparadigm language composed of procedural, object-oriented, and functional programming, possibly among others.

Well it would be a start. I think it will be easyer to understand and learn if I could learn the basics but also learn how it applies in a non abstract sense. I know a lot of programmers are self taught. In my case, I need a tutor, at least at the start. I am not interested in coding/programming for the joy of programming but as a means to an end. If I can code things with heroscript, than it would be a succcess. Programming is so vast in terms of the different subsets like coding shaders, networking, etc.. I am not trying to learn it all in right off.

Need a tutor you say? Youtube thenewboston C++, free tutor, enjoy :)
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

tboxx wrote:

If it is a beginner's book, I would definitely think so. Since C++ can operate just fine as a procedural language, most beginner C++ books teach the basics of programming using C++ in a completely procedural way. Sometime after teaching functions (the cornerstone of procedural programming), they will introduce classes, and from there OOP usually takes over.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

HeroScript = C# or very close.

Return to “Coding”