Midgard Illustration is looking for Inspired Individuals HE

Looking for a team? Need some team members?
Svothe

Midgard Illustration is looking for Inspired Individuals HE

Post by Svothe »

Now that you've finished wrapping your head around the awfully annoying alliteration appearing in our title I shall get onto the important bit.

Our team, (Midgard Illustration) is looking for new talented individuals to join an already committed team of developers on our latest science fiction title. The game, which is called Terra Incognita is a Science Fiction Online Role-playing game which is being produced within Hero Engine based around the lives of a group of survivors from the crashed 'Vanguard' colony ship. I won't put a great deal of unnecessary details here as a simplified version of our high concept document has been written up and provided in the power-point document (link below). The game is still in the pen and paper stages of development meaning that any new team members would have the opportunity to help mold and shape the universe that they would be creating by inputting any good ideas to the team for discussion.

Project Concept Overview: High-Concept Presentation

Our team currently consists of four members all of which have previous game development experience varying from our lead programmer 'Hallsofvallhalla' who hopefully all of you know from this website and various other indie game development sites, myself who managed a game known as 'Fallen2020' in the RCPro community which had some success by being sponsored by WizardProductions although was sadly later shut down before its alpha stages. Then finally our two 3D Artists, one working as a freelance modeller/animator who has volunteered his time to be a part of the team and another who is currently a student at Staffordshire University studying BSc Gameplay Design and Production.

Now that we've covered the 'what is important to you' part, I want to tell you a little about what is important to us.

What we expect from you, and what you can expect from us:

• Dedication -
    Our team is dedicated to completing our end goal, we all have prior working experience in the game development industry and we know the sort of dedication it takes to not just set deadlines but meet them. Time and time again. We expect you to be able to do the same, and dedicate 12 hours a week minimum in helping to meet team and individual goals.
  • Professionalism -
    While we understand that this is an unpaid position we still expect you to remain professional when working and communicating with the team and members of the public in discussion on the project. While we certainly value a good sense of humor and aren't strangers to work-place banter, as a member of the team your actions reflect not only on yourself but our team, company and project as a whole. You will be expected to act responsibly and professionally to maintain the projects reputation.
  • Creativity -
    We are here in this forum and within this industry to develop something new, and something interesting. We value creativity and originality and no matter what your position is in the team your ideas will always be respected and discussed. All people have good ideas and we like to hear the whole teams input on as much as we can.
Now I'd hate for you to mistake us for slave drivers as we are most definitely not. We just expect you to act and behave in the same way that you would expect of us and to work to meet the projects goals.
Assuming you've made it this far without losing consciousness, falling asleep or throwing yourself from the nearest tall object I suppose you would like to know what positions we are looking to fill.
We're currently recruiting:
  • Max or Maya Artists with good skills in architectural or organic modelling. Please be used to working within set poly counts, completing work to deadlines, UV Mapping and texturing.
  • Concept Artists able and willing to produce quick sketches and detailed colored drawings of both in-game technology (ships, craft, drones), architecture and characters. Please be used to working with a scanner or computer arts package, working to deadlines and working independently.
If your interested in a position please email 'harry@midgard-illustration.co.uk' or contact me here on the forum. All positions require a CV, Portfolio or evidence of previous work (screenshots,sketches, Renders, description or demonstration of code etc..) which can be sent along with your details.

In your email or PM please include:
  • Full Name
  • Contact Email and Skype Name
  • Position being applied for (In the email/pm subject where possible)
  • A description of your ability, experience and why you want the position
  • A link to your portfolio or screenshots of relevant previous work
I understand it will have taken a certain degree of patience and dedication even to read to this point so I thank you for taking the time to do so even if you don't apply for a position. In the event that you have just skipped to this point and haven't read any of it, I hope this pleasant final paragraph will guilt-trip you into going back up and re-reading from where you got bored and stopped in the hope that actually it may end in a new productive member of our team.

Thanks Again,
Harry Jackson
Project Manager
Terra Incognita

Return to “Recruitment”