Ideas for a contest

Indie-Resource announcements, news and any site discussion.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Ideas for a contest

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Just thought I would bring up the idea. Maybe do a small contest. People donate things for it. I can do $50 and a couple hosting accounts. I was thinking a years worth or so. Help get people motivated into something.

Post your ideas and if you want to throw anything in no matter how small or big they might be.
dbest

Re: Ideas for a contest

Post by dbest »

i could probably do a hosting account, as i have a vps, that i hardly use.
vitinho444

Post by vitinho444 »

My paypal acc is blank.. i would like to offer money to the winner, but atm i can't... :(
My Company Website: http://www.oryzhon.com

hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

then offer suggestions for a contest ;)
vitinho444

Post by vitinho444 »

Hum it could be .............. some kind of tool...........tool.......to help out developers? maybe... a game is to mainstream :P

Callan S.

Post by Callan S. »

A couple of ideas.

* A game where users can create their own levels. That's kinda complicated, so just being text based would be perfectly acceptable.

* Give a few (half dozen or so) public domain images that seem cool, perhaps some background PD images, and the idea is to make a game out of them with the TIGHTEST design contestants can, whilst still achieving their idea for some kind of game for the images. Don't try and make more and more code in an effort to make a complex game, just get a game out using those images and keeping tightly to an idea of gameplay. The idea is that people will be happy just to see the PD images turned into a game, even if it's a simple game!
dbest

Post by dbest »

* Make a game in a month competition. I have been part of these a few years ago.

* Create a useful tool? I like vitinho's idea..
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

I second the Make a Game in a Month idea. It could be anything, so long as it works.

Failing that, erm, maybe a platformer competition? In Flash or JS? Just throwing in some options :P
w00t
vitinho444

Post by vitinho444 »

I think it could be something for Indie-Resource Community ... a game yes but that takes too long and some of us cant work 24/7 on it :S (my school will start soon...)

Ark

Post by Ark »

This forum is about pbbg right? Lets make a competition for the best pbbg on a month, and let halls and jack be the judges :)
Orgullo Catracho

Return to “Announcements and Site Discussion”