Hello!

New to the site? Place a post here and let us know about you and what brings you to the site. T
direwing

Hello!

Post by direwing »

So it was suggested that I introduce myself, so here goes? haha

I'm 22, a girl, and a recent college grad of May this year/ past year, depending on which part of the world you live as I type this. I am a UX/ visual designer for a university. Worked in the software/ IT industry as an intern for a few summers, so that's where I got into programming really. Although I have always been interested in designing for the web and now mobile design as well.

Wouldn't necessarily call myself a gamer, but I enjoy playing games (adventure, rpg, browser games, etc) and probably developing games more. I'm really interested in the capabilities of both Nodejs and Websockets. I have learned to program in the past in PHP, Java, C++ and JavaScript, but mostly work with PHP and JavaScript. I've also messed around a bit in C# within Unity. My degree was in animation, so I spent a lot of time in Maya. We spent a semester on building games in Unity and it was great.

Anyway that's sort-of my background. Looking forward to being a part of the community/ learning from you all.
Jackolantern

Re: Hello!

Post by Jackolantern »

Welcome to the forums! There are a lot of other people interested in node and Web Sockets here as well. And of course if you wanted to do the animation for a project, you could probably get a lot of support, since good artists are hard to come by :)

EDIT: Chinchillas!
The indelible lord of tl;dr
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Welcome! I love me some Node and websockets! Plenty here to discuss so welcome aboard.
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

Welcome, glad to have you!

Return to “Say Hello”