(Working Title: Industry of Fantasy and War) Concept

Have a project in the works but not much media? How about an idea you are turning into a project? Maybe a game design document you want to start with. This is the place.
LNitewing

(Working Title: Industry of Fantasy and War) Concept

Post by LNitewing »

Greetings guys,
Here is the concept for a game I'm currently designing. It is a resource and task based social browser game and will be initially text-based. My inspiration came from playing a couple Facebook games, but I wanted it to be slightly different so I combined it with my love of fantasy and war games. I decided to do them in components right now to keep it simple. The name is Industry of Fantasy and War or IFW for short, although this is likely to be just a working title for the time being.

Storyline (still in the works)
Set a few years into the future. I came up with two paragraphs describing the beginning before you actually start in the game. The first one is below.
"The year is 2050. We have survived for thirty-eight years after the 2012 apocalypse. War and chaos has been rampant for many years. We are closer to nuclear warfare now than we ever have been. For the past ten years, an independent space agency S.E.C. (Space Exploration and Colonization) has been researching and developing a new spacecraft along with its propulsion system."

You leave the planet for another earth-like planet. Upon arriving at this planet, you ship crashes. Now you have to survive in the wilderness of this new planet and build your civilization from nothing. There are a few items stored on the ship that survived the crash that you can use. Progression goes from wood to stone to metal but otherwise fairly open ended.

Things to do in game:
  • Craft/Build
  • Farm/Plant
  • Mine
  • Explore
  • Research
Some tasks will require that certain objectives be completed before the tasks can be carried out. Also most tasks will require multiple steps just as it would in real life.
Last edited by LNitewing on Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sanity is vastly overrated!
Twitter: @LNitewing (Personal Account), @NitewingGaming (for general development progress and stuff), @NiziniaGame (for specific updates on FKoN).
Jackolantern

Re: IFW Concept

Post by Jackolantern »

Sounds cool! :D I don't know about the name though. Random acronyms usually don't tell potential players much about the game or what the game is like.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
LNitewing

Re: IFW Concept

Post by LNitewing »

You have a point there. I named it after my plans for the different parts. I'll have to come up with a better name for it, but until then I guess I'll consider it a working title. :D The initial post was shorter than I intended so I'll add to it tomorrow after I have more information. :)
Twitter: @LNitewing (Personal Account), @NitewingGaming (for general development progress and stuff), @NiziniaGame (for specific updates on FKoN).
Jackolantern

Re: (Working Title: Industry of Fantasy and War) Concept

Post by Jackolantern »

Sounds good! And yeah, and titles are not really that important through development. It can even come after the game is basically done :)
The indelible lord of tl;dr
LNitewing

Re: (Working Title: Industry of Fantasy and War) Concept

Post by LNitewing »

So I'm back from a couple week absence. The first part of this I was working on the content design of it. The other part I got distracted by a speed leveling challenge on WoW as well as MoP lol. That's off topic however, I'm ready to get back to some actual development. After trying different things and changing my mind too many times, I've decided to go ahead with a MVC design using a little AJAX along the way; for this I'll be using a framework so hopefully that will help speed the development some.

I'll update my first post with any updates as they happen as well as my new twitter account @NitewingGaming

Return to “Project Showoff Tier I”