Looking for a designer(ideaman)

Looking for a team? Need some team members?
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Looking for a designer(ideaman)

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

I have a game idea I am coding now that is simple yet very innovative. I believe it will be a very fun game it is actually quite simple in design and plan on making it a official IR game for us and others to play.

I need some one to help me with the design and ideas. Won't take much of your time but need to have innovative ideas and the ability to spend some time on it and draw your ideas out.

Simple as that.
overras

Re: Looking for a designer(ideaman)

Post by overras »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:I have a game idea I am coding now that is simple yet very innovative. I believe it will be a very fun game it is actually quite simple in design and plan on making it a official IR game for us and others to play.

I need some one to help me with the design and ideas. Won't take much of your time but need to have innovative ideas and the ability to spend some time on it and draw your ideas out.

Simple as that.
"Simple in design" and "fun" are 2 wrong words in the same sentence :) .

Why everybody starts doing their own projects ? Why we don't work at a same project ? 1 of 100 projects are completed in such cases. There are companies that create games and hide behind them only php and maybe a tiny framework. If somebody imagines that will succeed then he is a dreamer. We don't need 10.000$ to do this, we can do that without money but wait, everyone is dreaming at their own games company . I'm sorry to say but it will be another failure of freelance programmers. From my point of view. We should all come together to do different projects. Then we will have a chance in every serious business.

All big companies have started from something small. For example, Apple was started in a garage. Continue to work individually guys, and stay in a imaginary world.
OldRod

Post by OldRod »

overras wrote:"Simple in design" and "fun" are 2 wrong words in the same sentence :) .
Not really.

Lots of games are fun and can keep me occupied for hours, but are really simple when you look at them: Tetris, Robotron 2084 (yes, I'm old), Angry Birds, Kingdom Rush, Gems, etc. I could name a bunch more.

On the other hand, I've played games that were *very* complex and deep in their design... but they simply weren't fun. For instance, I simply cannot get into Dwarven Fortress, one of the most deep, complex games I've ever seen from a design standpoint - it's just not fun for me.

Don't confuse the ability to entertain someone for a long period of time with the need to have a complex design.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

I have to disagree with with 100% of your post overras.

Code: Select all

All big companies have started from something small. For example, Apple was started in a garage. Continue to work individually guys, and stay in a imaginary world.
That doesn't make sense and contradicts itself. Apple was started in a garage by 3 guys. Not 1.
Continue to work individually guys
would have most likely led to failure for Apple.

I am not really sure how your post even pertains to my looking for a designer to be honest. Maybe I am misreading your post. I have been coding for like 6 hours straight so maybe I am still reading in code :)
overras

Post by overras »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:I have to disagree with with 100% of your post overras.

Code: Select all

That doesn't make sense and contradicts itself. Apple was started in a garage by 3 guys. Not 1.
Continue to work individually guys
would have most likely led to failure for Apple.

I am not really sure how your post even pertains to my looking for a designer to be honest. Maybe I am misreading your post. I have been coding for like 6 hours straight so maybe I am still reading in code :)
What I want to say is, give up man. Yeah, I know..you search a designer but what I wanted to say here..is a message like "Let's do it together" .

Exactly! 3 guys , not 1.

Anyway .. succes :|
62896dude

Post by 62896dude »

To counter that statement, don't give up Halls. You have an entire community (minus one it seems, haha) that is ready to back you up. I would be willing to help you think of ideas if needed, it's what I'm best at! (Far better at it then putting it into words, it seems, but I've got plenty of ideas nonetheless :P )

~Kevin
Languages: C++, C#, Javascript + Angular, PHP
Programs: Webstorm 2017, Notepad++, Photoshop
Current Project: HP Destiny
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

I think I understand what you mean overras, it just didn't come out right ;)

I have no interest in sharing the entire thing with the community. It may eventually lead to revenue and I do not want to share my source as I do not want a ton of clones out there. It is not hard for me to find a developer willing to help out. It takes me about 2 days to put together a team.
Last Known Hero

Post by Last Known Hero »

I'd say the best thing right now is to keep focus Halls and finally finish a market-buster that your overdue on! Lemme know if you need help, I can do bits here and there art wise.
Power3DArt

-Current Project: Fault [Pre-Alpha]
overras

Post by overras »

62896dude wrote:To counter that statement, don't give up Halls. You have an entire community (minus one it seems, haha) that is ready to back you up. I would be willing to help you think of ideas if needed, it's what I'm best at! (Far better at it then putting it into words, it seems, but I've got plenty of ideas nonetheless :P )

~Kevin
Hey Kevin, don't be upset. I have seen what Halls can do,he is one of the best programmers. And of course I can help him if he needs me.I try to gather a group of programmers and designers to realize that something to do competition for big games. (EX: Tribal Wars) . I am disappointed so far observed failures everywhere. That's all I wanted to say, I did not blame anyone.I really want to make a future with programming, not just a hobby and these failures make me sad.

EX: I must rewrite the code of my project because I started wrong. Maybe if another programmer was in the team with me, that mistake never exists. Halls, please make a official team of Indie Resource and let's break the barriers of developing online games. :!:

Don't understand me wrong, I support you, I like your work, I like this community and his projects, but I am sad because we can but we don't try to launch a big project .
Last Known Hero

Post by Last Known Hero »

overras wrote:Don't understand me wrong, I support you, I like your work, I like this community and his projects, but I am sad because we can but we don't try to launch a big project .
I'd say the reason why is because many people here have different styles (albeit sci-fi seems popular), or some people may not have what the team is after. It's been tried before i believe
Power3DArt

-Current Project: Fault [Pre-Alpha]

Return to “Recruitment”