MIT's App Inventor

For discussions about game development that does not fit in any of the other topics.
Luke111

MIT's App Inventor

Post by Luke111 »

Hi everyone!
I am taking a concurrent enrollment programming course this year, and to start it off, we are using MIT's App Inventor.
If you guys haven't heard of it, take a look. It is great for beginners. I may teach my dad how to use it.

http://appinventor.mit.edu/

-Luke
I don't believe in platform-specific development, but I also don't believe in Apple.
Jackolantern

Re: MIT's App Inventor

Post by Jackolantern »

Does this have anything to do with Google's App Inventor? I knew they were abandoning it about 2 years ago, and there was a lot of talks on if someone outside of Google was going to continue it on.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Luke111

Post by Luke111 »

Yeah, MIT took over.
I don't believe in platform-specific development, but I also don't believe in Apple.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Very cool! I always thought it sounded pretty neat, particularly for beginners and never really understood why Google dropped it. I may have to check it out since I heard about it after its end of life date had already been announced at Google and never felt a need to jump on a sinking ship. But knowing someone is carrying it forward makes it sound tempting :) Thanks!
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Luke111

Post by Luke111 »

Yeah, last update was the 20th of this month, if I recall right.

Return to “General Development”