Website additions

Indie-Resource announcements, news and any site discussion.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Website additions

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Today I am adding in some more any bot measures and will get blog and some other features going again.
Chromeozone

Re: Website additions

Post by Chromeozone »

-.- Same old stuff then which BOTS will be able to bypass - the blog which people only used for the first 2 weeks, Maybe some active development?? Would be good
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

i had a long post here but i deleted it. Your post saddens me. I am leaving it at that.
Sharlenwar

Post by Sharlenwar »

Well, I would utilize the blog to direct to my blog that I have been writing on Wordpress due to them not functioning as they should here. I would definitely use the blog here again, with my Wordpress one. :D

Don't be saddened by anyone Halls. This is the community that you have running. Look at the achievement and this community will become the platform for games to be tried out on within here. I look forward to what is going to happen here over the next few months.
Deep within the Void of Quasion, a creation.

**My Corner of the Web**
***NEW***GrindFest - My own PHP/MySQL game!
Sharlenwar's Adventures
Torn-City - Massively multiplayer online text based RPG
Xaleph

Post by Xaleph »

Cromeozone, what`s up with the attitude? Sure, things could be improved. So what? It`s working fine as it is, besides, it`s all up to Halls. It`s not like we are children/students with plenty of time, most here make long business days, have a friend/ girlfriend or husband/wife, some have children. What do you expect? Time is important, something you will probably realise soon enough. Don`t be mad at Halls, or me for writing this, it`s just that Halls created this community and it`s working. Be happy about it haha.

edit: By the way, i actually asked if the blog could be back up, i have some info stored there and I too want to start blogging again.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

I think the blogs could be better utilized now with the portal expansion on the front page. I believe that blog posts can now be featured, and updates and noted there, etc.

And yes, Chrome: Just because something is suggested and doesn't get added, don't think "no one listened". It was read, but maybe it was decided it was not a good investment of development. Or maybe even it was decided to be a good idea, but no one has been able to get to it yet. No money is made here. We have no full-time developers able to code away on new features here. We all have jobs, school, etc. phpBB is a very large, vast application, and it is no small task adding custom extensions to it.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Sharlenwar

Post by Sharlenwar »

Well, I would definitely use these blogs here if they did that sort of thing. Featured on the front, it would definitely allow me to use both the Wordpress one and the ones here. :D

I was just removing the pressure from Halls, so that when I see them working again, I will be super thankful.
Deep within the Void of Quasion, a creation.

**My Corner of the Web**
***NEW***GrindFest - My own PHP/MySQL game!
Sharlenwar's Adventures
Torn-City - Massively multiplayer online text based RPG
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

i will get them up today. Kinda lost my mojo yesterday after that.
Chromeozone

Post by Chromeozone »

Dude,
Im not being harsh or anything, but everytime you patch the Registration/Login system, they break through somehow
and the Blogs were only used for around 2-3 weeks -.-
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

The bots will always eventually adapt to whatever we do, but as one of the people who has to mop-up after the spammers to keep the forum as clean as possible for everyone, I am all for trying to keep as many out as possible. You should see a forum that does nothing at all to stop spammers. I have seen forums (even small ones) get about a spam post every minute, and have hundreds within a couple of hours. We have never been that bad, or even close to that bad, and it is because of the anti-spam measures we have, and keeping them changing and up-to-date. I really can't see why you would be against anti-spam measures.

And in my opinion, it is worth giving the blogs another shot now that we have the portal front page. Before the blogs were tucked away from everything else. You had to actually think about checking them, but now they will be linked in through the front page.
The indelible lord of tl;dr

Return to “Announcements and Site Discussion”