Looking for a personal wiki

A topic built around all the best posts and information from the site. It includes informative posts, links to resources, tips, tricks, ect... Do not post here unless it will become a resource based post.
OldRod

Looking for a personal wiki

Post by OldRod »

My project is moving along steadily and I keep adding to my documentation which is slowly growing and growing. I'm needing a good way to keep everything sorted. I was using Microsoft OneNote and synchronizing it through Dropbox, but that's not really working as well as I'd hoped it would.

I am considering setting up a personal wiki that I can access from any browser, but setting it to where only I can access it for now. Anyone have one they'd recommend?

I looked through several on Google and some don't take new users any more, others don't work with Chrome for some reason. The simpler the better, but I want to be able to document player stat descriptions, world locations, NPCs, database table structures, etc. as I'm developing this project so I can keep it all straight.

I just want something accessible from anywhere - I don't have a web host at this time, but if need be I can get one (I will have to eventually anyway)
xcalpro

Re: Looking for a personal wiki

Post by xcalpro »

If your looking for a simple PHP/MySQL Wiki, I use MediaWiki which is easy to install and comes with most CPanel hosting sites. I use it on two site I maintain.

If your looking for a project management tool, then I recommend Trello.com which is great for team management and development. Its very easy to use and you don't have to host anything. It works much like a card filing systems where you assign cards to members with task lists and other things.
Skills: HTML5, JavaScript, PHP, SQL, Python, BASIC, HeroEngine(HSL), AGS(Lua), Unity, Photon, 3D Max, Mudbox, Photoshop, Poser, Flash
"Jack-of-all-Trades, Master of none"
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Here you go old buddy old pal...PM'd you your admin account info. Let me know if you need FTP access to the directory...If this is not what you were looking for no biggie. Just let me know.

http://indie-resource.com/members/oldro ... =Main_Page
OldRod

Post by OldRod »

That's awesome! Thanks, Halls! :)
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

i even made me one for the new game :)

http://forsakensanctum.com/planetarywar ... =Main_Page
xcalpro

Post by xcalpro »

I noticed on your logo image for the wiki that you misspelled Planetary as Planetarty.
Skills: HTML5, JavaScript, PHP, SQL, Python, BASIC, HeroEngine(HSL), AGS(Lua), Unity, Photon, 3D Max, Mudbox, Photoshop, Poser, Flash
"Jack-of-all-Trades, Master of none"
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

muhahaha it is Planetarty, tarty little planets!

thanks for the notice will fix. :oops:
OldRod

Post by OldRod »

xcalpro wrote:I noticed on your logo image for the wiki that you misspelled Planetary as Planetarty.
Bwahaha! :lol:
OldRod

Post by OldRod »

Just for the record - this is working exactly like I wanted. Thank you Halls!
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Awesome glad indie-resource could help.

Return to “Resources”