Apotheosis

Have a project in the works but not much media? How about an idea you are turning into a project? Maybe a game design document you want to start with. This is the place.
Dizuki

Apotheosis

Post by Dizuki »

Well my current project is on hold to make room for a larger one. Apotheosis Is a mythological game unlike any other. You start off in a stone age civalization consisting of one town, but as players spread out and conquor the wilderness around them things change. Features include:

+ Writeing your own destiny, each player can train in 11 basic jobs that branch out as the world advances in technology.
+ Build your own towns, each city is owned, operated, and built by players.
+ 5 different races. Each race is compleatly different.
+ All new mythology! An original world with a in-depth mythology that you not only read about but also live.
+ 4 different gods that you can worship each with there own benifits and special collectable armour.
+ 4 sets of super rare armour that the whole world fights over, collect the shards, build the armour and become a god!
+ and much more!

We are working on 2 versions of the game, were working on a browser game version to use as a concept beta and a 3D version if it goes over well.
Last edited by Dizuki on Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpiritWebb

Re: Apotheosis

Post by SpiritWebb »

Sounds interesting...can't wait too see more!

Dizuki

Post by Dizuki »

The 3D edition will be a ways off, its only a few of us working on it. But the browser game should be put together alot sooner.
PaxBritannia

Post by PaxBritannia »

+1 For creative name!

Greek, meaning "to deiy" or in english: to rise to the status of a god.

Just make sure to finish it - Quickly! Before the initiative fades!

ita stet
Dizuki

Post by Dizuki »

My only worry with the name is that it would be hard to remember. I'm willing to risk it because it sums up the whole game in one word and each definition of the word works in a different way. I'd like to finish it as soon as possible but were a small team and some members require alot of modivation.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

While it is uncommon, it is not unheard of for a game to have a different URL than the game's name. I played a browser-based game some years back (the URL has since changed ownership, but it was never a large game, so don't take that as a bad sign) that had a strange name. Its URL was something like "www.theworldendshere.com". It did make it a bit easier to remember. I guess it is just a judgement call. If most people you know have a hard time remembering how to spell it, maybe go for a non-matching URL. The problem there is if someone only remembered the name of the game and how to spell it they may not remember the site name. However, I would assume that the name of the game would be unique enough that a search engine would return the website as the first result for a search of the game's name.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
PaxBritannia

Post by PaxBritannia »

The key is to make them say it to themselves at least once. If they are confident with the pronunciation, they will most likely remember it. (Can you remember anything you which you don't know how to say to yourself?)

Use dashes so they know how to syllables. Apo-thi-o-sis

Without knowing proper pronunciation, word-of-mouth also gets inhibited. (Ever avoid saying a word you can't pronounce to avoid embarrassment?)

If you decide to use a different URL to your name, remember to register the full game name as well and redirect both to either one.

Pax.
Dizuki

Post by Dizuki »

Those are all very good tips, I'll keep them in mind. I'm glad to see that people like the name and are curious enough to look up the meaning. Its probobly the best word to sum up what the game is about.

But is it a bad omen if my major artist is haveing computer troubbles? This is our first project as a team so i'm kinda nervous about getting everything together.
PaxBritannia

Post by PaxBritannia »

That always happens! Especially for me when there is some sort of deadline. :roll:

Just make sure you and your team keep up the motivation. The number 1 thing that results in incomplete projects is lack of motivation. ( or skills ) ( or rather, lack of motivation to acquire the necessary skills).

And Major artist? How many artists are there? Generally, you omit the 'major' if there is only one.

pax.
Dizuki

Post by Dizuki »

Well I'm doing some of it myself, mostly secenery, my major artist is doing the charater and creature art, and the last one is going small dodads (he doesn't know how to use blender very well, plus is very busy).

Return to “Project Showoff Tier I”