Flash gets hardware acceleration

For discussions about game development that does not fit in any of the other topics.
Agent

Re: Flash gets hardware acceleration

Post by Agent »

Haha, oh man the hate i have for IE cannot be uttered. It's, really funny how whenever i reformat my comp and temporarily use IE in the beginning, it manages somehow to screw up in someway... then firefox flies in and saves the day.
You guys tried Google Chrome browser?

Oh and the hardware acceleration for Flash, neat stuff... i am a hardcore flash supporter!
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

it blows my mind why anyone uses IE...its kinda like seeing those old men driving their beat up 1972 pickups. Yeah you have had it a while and you are too scared to change but the dang thing is a gas hog and breaks down every 100 miles!
Noctrine

Post by Noctrine »

I know, when I use IE. Its because I need something from M$ and its apparently to difficult for them to let you download anything from their site with anything but the latest IE.
Jesse Dorsey
ProjectANI - Lead Developer Person
http://about.me/jessedorsey
Sakar

Post by Sakar »

And apparently any updates for IE are considered "important" in Windows Update.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

I did not like Chrome at all. In my mind, the internet browser is just about perfected. For a new player to muscle their way into the market at this point, they would have to do something different, which is what Chrome tried to do. But I don't want anything different. I like my fast-loading, non-popping websites with familiar features in familiar places. Firefox is perfect for me, so there is no room in the market for Chrome in my eyes.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Raven67854

Post by Raven67854 »

Sakar wrote:And apparently any updates for IE are considered "important" in Windows Update.
That's because when you use IE you have open up alot of security flaws. So M$ is always patching IE to fix it and eventually it becomes this bloated piece of shitty web browser... I myself haven't used or installed IE8 yet nor do I intend to. I love my firefox.
C/C++/C#/Blitzmax/Visual Basic Programmer
Blender/XSI user
"It's not what you use. It's how you use it what you have" -Unknown author
"Sleeping the number one cause of death" -Raven67854
""No matter how much shit life throws at me. I will keep on going just to piss life off." -Raven67854

PC Specs:
AMD Athlon 64x2 5000+ 2.6ghz Black Edition
8 gigs Corsair ram 1066mhz
9800GTX+
2x750gb HD
Vista Home Premium X64
Ubuntu 9.04 X64
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

i make love to firefox every night. That tight little body, sexy ass, "large tracks of land!" oh yes, firefox is the one for me.
Agent

Post by Agent »

Hahah, yeah chrome just looks visually fancy, nothing further than that. The other thing i like with firefox are the plethora of plugins you pack it with, some really useful things like firebug... for some reasons.... :P
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

I don't really get this whole "Chrome OS" thing. They say it is supposed to be a simple OS for people who mostly just use the internet. But Windows does work quite well for simple, basic users. If you only do basic operations, that is all you have to do, but the advanced features are there, and I think it opens up well as the user's experience grows. Why would you want an OS that only caters to the basics when the basics are basic enough in Windows.

Plus, any basic user is going to buy a PC with Windows already installed, and is not going to be experienced enough to install Chrome OS. Kinda defeats the purpose.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Agent

Post by Agent »

Haha yeah good point, google just wants to control the world :) thats all...

Return to “General Development”