Harry Potter Destiny

Have a project in the works but not much media? How about an idea you are turning into a project? Maybe a game design document you want to start with. This is the place.
62896dude

Harry Potter Destiny

Post by 62896dude »

Hello there everyone!

So I officially think I am tripolar, switching back and forth between three different games (I'll bet some of you are the same way, but with even more games :) )

Anyways, yes, I am making a Harry Potter game called Harry Potter Destiny, and pretty much what it's goal is is to take the Hogwarts experience, and bring it into a browser-based MMORPG where the user can hopefully feel as immersed in the game as possible.

All updates will be posted here for the pre-alpha version of the game(red is not done, green is done, simple enough):

Login
Register
Battle System (with spells of course!)
Diagon Alley - Beginning of the game purchasing your books and what not
PM System

PVP
House Sorting
Wand Selection - Wand "choosing" the wizard/witch
Chat System

Classes

Now these are a LOT of features to be included in pre-alpha in my opinion, so if there is a * at the beginning of a feature on the list, it may or may not be included in pre-alpha, I may just save those for alpha.

Please feel free to give any feedback at all, or just simply watch the progress! :)

*UPDATE - To make this game immerse the player as much as possible, I have been doing an EXTENSIVE amount of research regarding creatures, wand types, characters, etc. What a pain in the butt, but it is going to definately be worth it :) Pretty much what I am doing is making a giant outline with all of my research before I actually start making the game itself, so when it comes time to create all of my creatures, I have their name, description, and my determined stats for them!
Last edited by 62896dude on Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Languages: C++, C#, Javascript + Angular, PHP
Programs: Webstorm 2017, Notepad++, Photoshop
Current Project: HP Destiny
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: Harry Potter Destiny

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

So I officially think I am tripolar, switching back and forth between three different games (I'll bet some of you are the same way, but with even more games :) )
Its called Hall's disease. Yeah nearly everyone gets it. Some of us worse than others ;)
62896dude

Post by 62896dude »

Haaha it really in a way is almost maddening! :)
Nexus

Post by Nexus »

Ah this takes me back to when Deathly Hallows came out and I was about 11 I started playing this Harry Potter Browser Based MMORPG and I thought it was the BEST game ever! I didn't realize it at the time but it was made with the Legend of the Green Dragon Engine extremely modified and pretty cool! It sadly got shut down due to server costs not being met with the developer. I really am interested in this project and will most likely be an active player when this complete! I hope to hear more about it and wish you luck with it! :)
62896dude

Post by 62896dude »

Thanks for your interest! :) I will keep you updated!
Nexus

Post by Nexus »

I hope the research goes very well! I found a detailed thing of magical creatures in Harry Potter if you were interested/haven't already found it :P
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magical_cr ... rry_Potter
A couple of those creatures would be very interesting to battle if i do say so myself :P
A lethifold just sounds down right creepy :P
62896dude

Post by 62896dude »

Oh wow, thanks so much for this! Yeah I alrrady had another list, but there are some on this one that werent on the other that i would love to use!! Hahaha and yeah, battling that wouldnt be a field day :P and since many prople dont know wht exactly many of the creatures are, wgenever you battle a creature, it gives you a brief, but helpful description of each one! I cant wait to use the new creatures you found, thanks again!!
Nexus

Post by Nexus »

No problem! Every monster has a weakness such as dementor to patronus and lethifold to patronus perhaps if someone cast that spell at them it would do significantly greater damage(not saying any other spell would not damage them at all :P) but you could also do that with all the other creatures as well! :)
62896dude

Post by 62896dude »

Yes, that is very good, strengths and weaknesses, for example, you arent bringing a hungarian horntail down with stupefy or expelliarmus :)
Nexus

Post by Nexus »

maybe an Aguementi to douse the flame ;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sp ... rry_Potter

Return to “Project Showoff Tier I”