Monetizing A Blog

Got a kewl website or have a website question? Hosting? Servers?
Baseball435

Monetizing A Blog

Post by Baseball435 »

Hey everyone, I was planning On creating a blog and I want to monetize it. Does anyone have any good tips on doing so? Thanks!

~Baseball435
Callan S.

Re: Monetizing A Blog

Post by Callan S. »

Have a post every day (weekends too!). Can't think of something every day? Write one post, then break it down into a 'series'. Use a posting scheduler (blogger has one, and if it does, so does every other one).

If its a game related blog, write about upcoming games. Some traffic I've gotten is people looking for money making guides to these games (no, I didn't post one, just happened to use money in a tag)

Monetising isn't the big deal really, it's getting people to your page. Posting every day is the biggie for that, I'm pretty sure.

Also use project wonderful ad boxes. You can use them next to adsense ads and their payout amount is just $10. Set the minimum bid amount to 1 cent.

Finally, the obnoxious, biggoted and self important posters seem to get the most traffic. If your an awful person you'll do well at getting blog traffic - people will just keep coming back to hate you! ;)
Fight Cycle : My latest Browser game WIP
Driftwurld : My Browser Game WIP
Philosopher Gamer : My Blog
Jackolantern

Re: Monetizing A Blog

Post by Jackolantern »

Callan S. wrote:Finally, the obnoxious, biggoted and self important posters seem to get the most traffic. If your an awful person you'll do well at getting blog traffic - people will just keep coming back to hate you! ;)
Interesting, and so true! People just can't stop hating lol! I actually got obsessed with a blog sometime back from someone who was incredibly self-absorbed and egotistical. I just couldn't stop reading it, and they were likely making some tiny fraction of a penny off of me continuously checking it!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmPAuJqkAM0[/youtube]
The indelible lord of tl;dr

Return to “WebSite”