New Blog - The Perfect MMORPG

Got a kewl website or have a website question? Hosting? Servers?
kaos78414

New Blog - The Perfect MMORPG

Post by kaos78414 »

I started a new blog recently, as I've noticed that I enjoy talking about features in MMORPGs, and about that ever elusive "perfect" MMORPG. It's understood that the idea will probably never come to fruition, as perfect means something different to each of us in this case. But for the sake of discussing MMORPG features and concepts, I've created this blog to spark some of those discussions.

Anyway, it's just gotten started, but I will be posting a new entry at least once a day. As posts go through I'll put together a GDD to reflect our decisions as a community, and then create a website for it where it will be refined continually based on our discussions on the blog.

It's my goal to have talked about every single little nook and cranny of an MMORPG, and have a GDD that outlines all of the possible features we'd want in our game. It's really just all in our heads, and of course it will probably never be developed, but I just enjoy talking about these ideas.

http://theperfectmmorpg.blogspot.com/
w00t
OldRod

Re: New Blog - The Perfect MMORPG

Post by OldRod »

Nice project.

I added a comment :)
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

Thanks! Thanks for voting as well. I thought it seemed like a topic that many people love talking about, but there didn't seem to be a place to discuss that. I may make it a full blown site eventually, add forums and a link to the GDD, but for now a blog will suffice.
w00t
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

That sounds cool! :) I like discussing MMORPG features, too! Even though there are no "perfect" designs, some are better than others lol.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

Jackolantern wrote:That sounds cool! :) I like discussing MMORPG features, too! Even though there are no "perfect" designs, some are better than others lol.
Totally my train of thought. Join the discussion! The more people I get in on it early the better. I've already got posts and topics lined up for the week, and plans for future topics - and the comments are sure to inspire upcoming articles.
w00t
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Very nice! I read the article about graphics and really liked it. I suggest it to anyone else wanting to dig a bit deeper into MMORPGs!
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

So, for awhile there I was swamped with family stuff, and other projects. The holidays are usually synonymous with busy.

Anyway, I hadn't posted in literally a month. But I'm back on track. I may not deliver content as often as I'd originally hoped, but I hope the quality of my articles trumps the delay between them.
w00t
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Good to hear you are back on it!

And yeah, promising to make an entry every single day is way too much, and few single-author blogs can keep that up. It feels like you have enough ideas and time to write a new one everyday, but that quickly gets tiring. I believe most single-author blogs aim for a new entry once or twice a week.
Callan S.

Post by Callan S. »

You can split up what you write into a series that covers several days, even just by taking it apart paragraph by paragraph. However, I always find I just want to say what I've got to say, rather than simply output content to a fixed shedule.
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

Jackolantern wrote:I believe most single-author blogs aim for a new entry once or twice a week.
That sounds like a much more realistic goal. And then my readers can be pleasantly surprised when they find I've updated 3 or 4 times that week!
Callan S. wrote:You can split up what you write into a series that covers several days, even just by taking it apart paragraph by paragraph. However, I always find I just want to say what I've got to say, rather than simply output content to a fixed shedule.
Yeah, after the first two weeks of posting 1 or 2 articles a day, I found there were some days where I felt like there was just nothing I could talk about. I want to make sure I don't jump too far ahead, when it comes to MMORPG features. I want to start with the core stuff, and work my way into the details.
w00t

Return to “WebSite”