Torque 3D $99

Neo-Axis, Torque, 3D GameStudio, DarkBasic, Blitz3d, ect...
OldRod

Torque 3D $99

Post by OldRod »

In case you haven't heard... GarageGames is back and they have dropped the full-source price for Torque3D (and all their engines it looks like) to $99

Sucks that I paid so much for it last year... but I guess it's good news for others that want to get the engine :)

http://www.garagegames.com/community/blog/view/20775/
Last Known Hero

Re: Torque 3D $99

Post by Last Known Hero »

OldRod wrote:In case you haven't heard... GarageGames is back and they have dropped the full-source price for Torque3D (and all their engines it looks like) to $99

Sucks that I paid so much for it last year... but I guess it's good news for others that want to get the engine :)

http://www.garagegames.com/community/blog/view/20775/
I know what you guys can get me as an early birthday present now! :)
Power3DArt

-Current Project: Fault [Pre-Alpha]
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

$99? Wasn't it $1000 before this, or did I miss a couple of price drops? Does this have to do with TorquePowered going out of business/seeking a buyer?
The indelible lord of tl;dr
OldRod

Post by OldRod »

Yeah, it was $995 before. I got it for $495 as a previous torque owner and beta tester, but $99 is unheard of for a program of this magnitude.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Ahhh, they are reviving the name "Garage Games" and going back to the model of low-cost engines for hobbyists. Maybe someone else already bought them?
OldRod

Post by OldRod »

Reading that blog, it looks like they are returning to their roots. About time, I say :)
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

i agree! I do hate that so many had to pay the high price but I guess they are ahead of the game some being they have owned it for a while. I have source version but haven't really dug into it much. I want to, just hate Torquescript :).

Torque really has some amazing graphics and the network is better than most realize.

They have been bought out by an investment company so i think we will see allot more, "lets do things that will sell" options.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

hallsofvallhalla wrote: They have been bought out by an investment company so i think we will see allot more, "lets do things that will sell" options.
Thank God. While I have no investment in Torque and likely never will, it is good to see them actually taking on Unity head-to-head, instead of pretending they are in a different tier than Unity (and we saw how well that worked for them). It will end up being better for the users of both products in the long-run.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

i agree, web development and maybe some affordable android and mac options.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Return to “3d Engines”